Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I killed a nice wide 8...

IowaChiro

if someone would post some pics for me, I'd appreciate it.

So, last year I had trail cam pics of a nice wide 8, and made him my target buck. Unfortunately the only time I saw him was during the rut, and he was running out of the timber I hunt, following a doe. No trail cam pics or sightings since that day. Fast forward to Thursday last week, when I was sitting in my stand in a 40 acre woodlot. I have two stands in the timber, one high on a ridge on the south side, the other right across a creek bank facing a switchgrass area. Well, it was a warm day, and after watching several decent bucks run the valley between my two stands, I decided it was time to move my stand from the creek bank to the valley, where for the last several years I had found massive amounts of scrapes and shredded trees. I did bust a decent buck while hanging my stand, but figured, with the rut kicking, deer would be passing through and bedding in there regardless. I didn't have a tree saw, so my shoot lanes were few. Saturday morning found me in the tree by 5:50. The first deer that came by, arrived at around 8, and was a doe followed by a grunt crazy 2 year old. It was funny watching him run himself ragged with his tongue hanging out, similar to me in high school. He continued to come in and out of the bedding area, grunting incessantly, letting the woodlot know he was king. At around 9, my buddy texted me to ask me if I had seen much movement yet, and after texting him back.."no, just a little dink", I heard a bellow..not a grunt. I put my phone in my pocked, and turned to my left, craning my head around to see three does, and behind them, my wide 8. I immediately grabbed my bow of the hanger, which I had inconveniently put on my right side. While still seated, I turned, stopping for thirty seconds to allow the does to come to terms with me being a natural part of the tree. Luckily, Mr. Wide strolled up the hill, into my window....and I drilled him at about 35 yards. I herd the thwack..and stood to watch him run up the hill, circle..and lay down. About thirty second after he laid down, I had a 10 pointer, probably 160ish deer come up from across the creek. Now, I am happy with the buck I got, but is it just me, or does this happen to anyone else? Also, a true giant is down..suprised no one has posted it here yet...jeezticals?

Last edited:
09290195193300.jpg

Kasey.jpg

kasey2.jpg

who cares about the score. that is one impressive buck and will look incredible on the wall!! congrats!!

Wow! I thought the big 8 I've been chasing was wide. It doesn't even come close to that. Congrats! That is one hell of an 8 pt!

Top Bottom