Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I need a new tree stand!

Blaster

PMA Member
I seem to have a problem getting my stands stolen
frown.gif
. Do you guy's know of any stands that are easy to put up and take down. I'm talking less then 5min.
beerchug.gif

Quickest I've found is the Lone Wolf fixed and the TreeSuite. These combined with a good pair of climbing sticks you can be ready in 15minutes or less.

We chain and padlock all of our stands. Not sure what you do or how you hang them, but a padlock is much cheaper than a stand.

Blaster,
Have you thought about a climber? If you're going to have to carry you're stand out with you every morning, a climber might work well for you. I use a Summit Cobra XLS. Great climber, and it only weighs 17 pounds. Just some food for thought.
CRITRGITR

I have 4 gorilla silverbacks and plan to buy two more, 6 homemade stands (custum built for me by me) summit cobra climber (someone asked how good are they, they beat the loud API climbers by a long shot, easy to set up and climb with plus quiet as all get out) My two apis went to the ditch this spring hence my replacements with two new gorillas. Sorry if I offend anyone that is an API fanatic but in my opinion, they are the most worthless stand, the loudest stand, and the most dangerous stands on the market.

In preventing stand theft, I use a lot of heavy chain, masterlocks, and place my stands high. I have also used the removable steps for the first five up the tree making people who want to steal the stand work much harder......

i too like gorrila silverbacks, they are light and you can put them up quick and they arent very noisy while you do it. to prevent theft we take out the bottom five or so tree steps and then put chain and padlock around the stand. so that way the thief needs a chaincutter and treesteps, to get in your tree. goodluck in finding what you want

I have a Chippewa Brute that's very easy and quick to put up/take down and also easy to adjust the level on, and has a high weight limit for we "king size" hunters. Pricier than many but could be your only stand if you're willing to carry in/out and that's easy to do and the best thing to do if theft is a major problem. All locks and chains can be cut, some are just harder than others. If I only had one the WedgeLoc would be it, but part of that is because of the weight rating--a smaller hunter would have more choices. Available online at www.ChippewaWedgeLoc.com or call 989 835-3856. Got mine at the Deer Classic a couple of years ago but they haven't been at the last two.

Thanks guys! I like the gorrila silverbacks, there nice stands. Maybe
i need to put bigger chain around my stand, and take out the first few steps.
Has anyone used a lone wolf? I seen them at the expo, and they looked pretty nice.
beerchug.gif

Blaster,

Lone Wolf and Chippewa both make awesome stands. I own both and like different things about each. The Lone Wolf with the climbing sticks is hard to beat for mobility and ease of set-up. If you want to hunt the same stand location... then the Chippewa Wedgeloc would be maybe a better option. They offer chain harnesses that you leave in the tree and just easily move your stand when you leave. They offer several different size stands and weights. You really can't go wrong with either choice if you like hang-on type stands..... I plan on buying a lighter weight Chippewa before fall for easier packing in and out (my current model is 15lbs.).... I will likely sell it for a reasonable price when I get the other model.

Thanks Cornfed!
beerchug.gif
Were can i find
Lone Wolf and Chippewa stands? They sound like the stands that i am looking for.Let me know when you want to sell your's.I would be interested in buying it.

Blaster,

They both have good websites.... just go on to a search engine such as www.google.com Type in their names and you should be able to find them. I am willing to let my Chippewa Wedgeloc go for $135... it looks brand new and is in excellent condition. Just heavier than I care to use for frequent moving.... I am getting a lighter weight Chippewa
waytogo.gif

for money-quality-mobility-ease of setup, you cant beat gorilla stands. I use king kongs for semi permanent locations and silverbacks for mobile sites. and the baby kong for pack ins and exploring new terrain i plan to hunt same day...very light but small.

Top Bottom