Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA Legislative Update 1/20/06

ElkHunter

Life Member
I know this is like preaching to the choir,but not everyone are as passionate as IWers.We need to get this message out to a lot of people asap. I can tell you the leadership doesn't want to spend a lot of time on the deer issue. If we show them how serious we are now, it will be much easier later.

IBA Legis Update 1/20/06
I spent some time this week at the Statehouse and met with some of the leaders from House & Senate Natural Resource Committee. Keeping in mind they are politicians and can say a lot without ever taking a stance, I was encouraged with their answers. There are only a couple pieces of minor legislation that the IBA and most sportsman in Iowa can or will support. With a strong email and telephone response, I really believe a lot of legislation will never leave committee. I have listed below four key points they need to hear from a lot of their constituents.

Please be polite and respectful, they will listen to your thoughts and opinions. Some of the key points that need to be expressed are:
1) Changes were made last year in the number of deer tags for all methods of deer hunting for resident and nonresident alike. The deer harvest should be very high if not an all time record. We should let the deer management program have a chance to work before setting off on another program.
2) If the deer numbers are down in your county the legislators need to hear this. (The management program is working)
3) If you lost a favorite place to hunt due to leasing let them know about that also.
4) That you are comfortable with the level of nonresident any sex deer tags and no increase is needed.

All members of Natural Resource Comm. are listed below, an email will work but it is very important that your name, address and phone number be included. They need to know you can and will vote in their district, it carries a lot more weight. If you live in Senator Black or Houser districts please contact them. In the House if you’re represented by Rayhon, Bell, Arnold, Whitaker or Wilderdyke please contact them.
Senate
Natural Resources and Environment
Committee Members
• Dennis H. Black (D, District 21), Co-Chair dennis.black@legis.state.ia.us
• Hubert Houser (R, District 49), Co-Chair hubert.houser@legis.state.ia.us
• Joe Bolkcom (D, District 39) joe.bolkcom@legis.state.ia.us
• [censored] L. Dearden (D, District 34) [censored].dearden@legis.state.ia.us
• E. Thurman Gaskill (R, District 6) thurman.gaskill@legis.state.ia.us
• Tom Hancock (D, District 16) tom.hancock@legis.state.ia.us
• David Johnson (R, District 3) david.johnson@legis.state.ia.us
• Steve Kettering (R, District 26) steve.kettering@legis.state.ia.us
• Mary Lundby (R, District 18) mary.lundby@legis.state.ia.us
• David Miller (R, District 45) david.miller@legis.state.ia.us
• John Putney (R, District 20) john.putney@legis.state.ia.us
• Brian Schoenjahn (D, District 12) brian.schoenjahn@legis.state.ia.us
• Dr. Joe M. Seng (D, District 43) joe.seng@legis.state.ia.us
• Frank B. Wood (D, District 42) frank.wood@legis.state.ia.us
House
Natural Resources
Committee Members
• Henry Rayhons (R, District 11), Chair Capitol Telephone: 515-281-3221
• Mike May (R, District 6), Vice Chair Lake Okoboji area
• Paul Bell (D, District 41), Ranking Member Paul.Bell@legis.state.ia.us
• Rich Arnold (R, District 72) Rich.Arnold@legis.state.ia.us
• Clel Baudler (R, District 58) Clel.Baudler@legis.state.ia.us
• Mark Davitt (D, District 74) Mark.Davitt@legis.state.ia.us
• Mary Lou Freeman (R, District 52) Mary.Lou.Freeman@legis.state.ia.us
• Marcella Frevert (D, District 7) Marcella.Frevert@legis.state.ia.us
• Steven Lukan (R, District 32) Steven.Lukan@legis.state.ia.us
• Jim Lykam (D, District 85) Jim.Lykam@legis.state.ia.us
• Rick Olson (D, District 68) Rick.Olson@legis.state.ia.us
• Dan Rasmussen (R, District 23) Capitol Telephone: 515-281-3221
• Nathan Reichert (D, District 80) from Muscatine area
• [censored] Taylor (D, District 33) [censored].Taylor@legis.state.ia.us
• Dave Tjepkes (R, District 50) David.Tjepkes@legis.state.ia.us
• Linda Upmeyer (R, District 12) Linda.Upmeyer@legis.state.ia.us
• Jim Van Engelenhoven (R, District 71) Jim.Van.Engelenhoven@legis.state.ia.us
• Jim Van Fossen (R, District 84) Jim.Van.Fossen@legis.state.ia.us
• John Whitaker (D, District 90) John.Whitaker@legis.state.ia.us
• Wes Whitead (D, District 1) Wes.Whitead@legis.state.ia.us
• Paul Wilderdyke (R, District 56) paul.wilderdyke@legis.state.ia.us

Please take the time to contact the individuals above, the more they hear from sportsmen now the easier the fight will be later. The legislation at the statehouse affects ALL sports groups not just the deer hunter. Forward this email to all your friends.
The time has come for all those with a vested interest in our great outdoors to step up and let their voices be heard. We can no longer sit back and let someone else do it. If YOU don’t step up, it won’t get done.
Thank you for your time and interest
Randy Taylor
IBA Pres

[ QUOTE ]
Please take the time to contact the individuals above, the more they hear from sportsmen now the easier the fight will be later. The legislation at the statehouse affects ALL sports groups not just the deer hunter. Forward this email to all your friends.
The time has come for all those with a vested interest in our great outdoors to step up and let their voices be heard. We can no longer sit back and let someone else do it. If YOU don’t step up, it won’t get done.
Thank you for your time and interest
Randy Taylor
IBA Pres

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me like Randy has done most of the leg work for everyone re: message ideas and contact information. Thank You Randy

<font color="red">I would like to urge all of you, to please take the time and contact your area reps.</font>

Top Bottom