Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA VP Has Treestand Accident

ElkHunter

Life Member
Shann Branchcomb,IBA vice pres.fell from her treestand Monday while ML hunting(see what happens when you pick up a gun).

She fell about 15' and hit wrists first, both broken and some vertebra damage in her neck and back.She will be in a body cast for sometime but no permament damage. They are running a series of xrays today to see if surgery would be necessary.
I saw her today she told me she would be able to hunt the late season and fill her doe tag.
crazy.gif
That was 20 minutes after a shot.
grin.gif

She is a tough gal and I wouldn't put it past her to try and hunt the Jan. season.

One can only hope that everything works out for the positive for Shann.

I am confident that all of us at iowawhitetail.com and the members of the IBA hope that she has a quick recovery.

hoofline.gif

1366.jpg

Protect your hunting future, join & support the IBA! Join Now!

I wish her the best of luck with her recovery. Glad to hear she had no permanent damage. This could happen to anybody, anytime. I shudder to think of the old days when I used to nod off in a homemade stand, never heard of a saftey harness back then.

[ QUOTE ]

I am confident that all of us at iowawhitetail.com and the members of the IBA hope that she has a quick recovery.

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif
Hope she's back in the stand soon...but with safety harness this time!

Called Shann yesterday, they took the casts off both wrists.Has to wear splints.Goes for MRI on neck today.She's on the mend.

Top Bottom