Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ice Fishing Report

Khughes2345

PMA Member
Just wondering if anybody got out this weekend, and how'd you do? I was able to try a few spots in the CR area.

Friday, went to Macbride in the snow storm. fished off the south boat ramp in 15-20 FOW from 3-5:30. the bite was good for dink gills, caught about 20, and packed it up.
Saturday AM with the fiance to a small farm pond in the Alburnett area. fell through some mushy ice by some cattails, so we got on a different way. there was a good 4 inches of clear ice with about 8 inches of snow on top. caught about 40 gills in the 4-7 inch range from 9-11.
Sunday
Sunday, went to an old rock quarry by anamosa. drilled some holes in 30 FOW and marked a few suspended fish, no takers. ended up drilling about 50 more holes in the 12 acre quarry and never could really get on them. caught plenty of sunfish and smaller gills and crappies, but never got into the BIG crappies (a few 18 inchers were caught there last spring). kept 2 crappies that were 10 and 11.

overall a good weekend to get out on the ice. next weekend i'm going to hit the honeyholes and maybe macbride during the week if i get a chance.

anybody else get out there this weekend?

Sorta new to ice fishing, but got out today on a farm pond managed to catch my first small crappie. I would like to say things were slow but wasn't sure if my methods were right.

i had some buddies out on pleasant creek lake today and said it was really slow today, and yesterday they caught 7 keeper walleyes. so i think the weather had something to do with the bite today

Ice has been unsafe in my area the for a couple weeks now. Headed to south dakota on thursday to try my luck.

Top Bottom