Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IDNR Director

dbltree

Super Moderator
I just kind of assumed that Director Vonk would continue on as director of the Iowa DNR but it remains to be seen if the new governor will keep him on.

Despite some differences over things like the NR tags...overall I think he has done a decent job.

When it comes down to having a NR landowner next door....or a 10,000 head corporate owned hog confinement...wellll
smirk.gif

What do you all think (not that we have a choice) would you like to see him continue as director or have a fresh face running the DNR?

Director Vonk

The guy has an impossible job.They should go back and make the DNR & Ag Dept two jobs.Hogs and water quality are a full time job.If Lang from FB wants him gone,that means I want him to stay.
grin.gif

All in all, really believe he has done a good job and would like for him to stay on.Do have a couple guys from DNR that I'd like to see gone.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
All in all, really believe he has done a good job and would like for him to stay on.Do have a couple guys from DNR that I'd like to see gone.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif

I have personally hunted pheasants with Jeff during the Iowa Governer's Hunt a few years ago. He is a good man with an impossible task (he's a good shot too!). He does truely care about hunting and hunters but is forced by the job and the statehouse to focus more on the hog confinements and water quality issues. We all have to stuff we may not like to keep our jobs don't we? IMO he has done great things for us deer hunters in the state since he has been in office! Could do more in the habitat and pheasant areas.

Top Bottom