Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If you only had 1 afternoon left ?

bradley

triplebeam
What afternoon this week would you go hunting for your last time?Wednesday afternoon 20 degrees & 9 mph winds or Friday afternoon 36 degrees.

I'm going Wednesday for sure and hopefully again later. I've been seeing the deer coming out to feed later when the temps are warmer so maybe Wed. would be my pick if only having one night.

I was kind of thinking the same but I aslo thought as cold as it has been when it warms up Friday the flood gates might open up a little earlier in the evening

Friday... I think the warmer temps will have them anxious to move... and its the only day I can sneak away this week...

I chose Tuesday afternoon flat out to cold Monday supposed to warm up to 20 Tuesday and minor winds so I am taking vacation Tuesday for my last shot unless I get off early Friday that is

Going to have to be Friday for me. Bball or wrestling every night this week. School closings could really screw me if I have to miss work. Oh, well.

I think Wednesday will be the best day because with the really cold temperatures we have been having they are going to be wanting to move when it warms up on Wednesday, imo.

I think Wednesday will be the best day because with the really cold temperatures we have been having they are going to be wanting to move when it warms up on Wednesday, imo.

FWIW, some of the very best deer movement in all of my years hunting was on a rapid warmup following a real tough cold spell. I don't know which day would be best this week because I haven't paid too much attention to the forecast, but I would not hesitate for a moment to hunt on a warm day following these very cold days!

Definitely play the wind or you're wasting your time, but I would hunt Wed. if you can before it warms to much, they probably been running to the fields the last 2 nights with this cold.

Sure saw a bunch of movement this morning! 5th and 6th decent buck I've passed during late muzzy this year. Almost squeezed off on one of them. Mid 120's 8pt with palmated beams! Might have been 130's with his mass idk.. He better be counting his lucky stars cuz he was kind of a cool buck! Gonna give it a shot in the am for a bit. And Thurs and Friday pm if I can break free. If that mini moose shows up again he might not be soo lucky lol I'd pay for him to be put up

FWIW, some of the very best deer movement in all of my years hunting was on a rapid warmup following a real tough cold spell. I don't know which day would be best this week because I haven't paid too much attention to the forecast, but I would not hesitate for a moment to hunt on a warm day following these very cold days!

Totally agree.

I think a lot of the deer have been holding up in my area due to the cold
to conserve their energy. I always used to think that -25 was better than 25 - 30 degrees when hunting deer. After all my years of hunting Daver hit it right on the head on the warm up. I will be out Thurs. afternoon and Friday. Should be perfect weather on Thursday and Friday.

I'm going Thursday and Friday. I also agree with what Daver said regarding the warm weather. I love early January hunting...seems like most of the guys have given up, the deer are calmed down again after the shotgun onslaught and move during daylight...just need to find a good buck that hasn't dropped yet. On Saturday's sit had 5 young bucks out in front of me and 2 of them only had 1 side.

Top Bottom