Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm new here and I've got a question

new.gif

Hey I'm new on the site but my dad and my brother have been on for about a year. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has ever asked what you caught out hunting this weekend. Well, when my dad took this picture that phrase popped into my head.
WHATYA2.jpg

new.gif

Hey - Nice Name!

I hate that too when folks (nonhunters) ask if I "caught" anything hunting yet.
Good job on the yote and good luck hunting my friend.

the other 30pt buck

In my high school days, I pheasant hunted a lot, but rarely brought something home. My sister would always ask, "Did you catch anything today ?" whenever I would walk in the house. No matter how many times I told her I wasn't trying to 'catch' something, it never slowed her down.

Then there was that day where I was crossing the last ditch before I got back to the house. I saw a rooster tail sticking out of the foxtail, so I grabbed it . . .and it moved. I pounced on the pheasant, pulled him out of the weeds that he was burrowed in, and tucked him under my arm like a chicken. He was very alive. I couldn't wait to get inside. Right on cue, my sister asked the famous question, and I answered, "It's funny you would ask, because, I did finally catch something today." She turned towards me, saw the rooster, and let out a real fine scream. I took him outside and let him go . . . that pheasant had provided all the fun I needed. That was the last time she asked me that question.

Top Bottom