Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm not afraid to admit it...that scared the crap

boacephus

out of me.

So I drop the young drop tine, in the harvest forum. I call my dad to bring the truck down as far as he could which was still 1 1/2 drag through the edge of timber and harvested bean field. I'm only getting 30-40 yds take a knee let the fire leave my legs. I get about 2/3's of the way across take a knee. I turn around and there is a huge shadow standing 10' away...yes 10 FEET not yds. Didn't take long for the nerve receptors to make me jump and then realize that shadow was a deer. Judging by size it was no doubt a mature buck. Suppose with the smell of a rutting buck in tow and me hunched over that dirty guy wanted a piece of me to shoe me from his territory. I had to yell, literally yell twice before he turned to run away, then he only ran 100yds and blew at me the entire time I crossed the rest of the field. Still giving me the creeps thinking about it. Thought I was going to have to pull out the ole Buck knife.

Top Bottom