Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

in the doghouse

pastorpotluck

Well I'm done with early season muzzy. I'm also in the doghouse. I've been seeing deer go down this draw for several days and my wife wanted to go and loves muzzy season. So I set her up on a draw next to a cornfield. I had passed on a 6 point that I knew she would be satisfied with. So sure enough a big doe came by her but she couldn't get a clear shot through the brush. (We both had doe tags.) The doe also walked by me and I had the same problem. My wife and I were 100 yards apart but separated by a rolling hill. In any event the doe went out into a cornfield and started feeding. I don't have permission to hunt that field so all I could do was watch her through my binoculars. So I grunted, bleated, etc. for 15 minutes with no response. Then I saw her walk away into a draw out of sight. I called again and she turned back and came across the fence. I saw her shoulder in a gap between two trees and I fired. When I went to field dress her she was 6 point buck!:eek: I had passed on several bigger bucks waiting for one of the big boys. I thought I needed to get my eyes checked but I figured out that he had been in the draw out of sight and she kept on going and he came into my call. So the next afternoon I set my wife up where my friend had been seeing a ton of does. I set behind her directly in her scent path as I was there just to help drag out her deer if she got one. I took a nap and when I woke up a doe was standing broadside looking at me. So I shot her. My wife didn't see a single deer. So we're going out tomorrow morning. I'll be archery hunting. If I get another deer and she doesn't I may never get out of the doghouse.:thrwrck:

I know a good place to order good flowers online that can help you get out of the doghouse...from experience, myself.

Top Bottom