Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Interesting camera pics!

JakeVBC

We noticed this young buck show up on our camera 2-3 days ago, hadn't seen him all Summer/Fall. Noticed there's an arrow in his head! Must have been from last year or at least late Spring/early Summer (someone shooting at him illegally?) as it shows in his deformed antler growth on that side. Can't really tell from all the pics of it had a broadhead or if it was missing, or field point. Was bummed for the guy but this morning he shows up and it's gone! We figure he must have got in a little sparring match with a buddy and somehow dislodged it. Looks healthy otherwise! Thought it was interesting to share.

Attachments

• IMG953440.jpg
    IMG953440.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG953442.jpg
    IMG953442.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 113
Interesting pics for sure. I would have to imagine that is a "fresh" wound. I can't imagine the arrow surviving long term and that infection, etc, would not set in. That being said...the deformed antler on that side does kind of make you think it was there for awhile. ???

I shot one years back- during first shotgun with the crossbow bolt stuck out of his face. Found out who did it- was in his head for 2 months and didn’t break in the woods. How crazy is that.

I'd love to get ahold of the asshat that did that. What a POS loser. Glad it just looks like a flesh wound.
Maybe it was an upstanding youth hunter that helps walk old women across the street and volunteers at the homless shelter every week.. maybe he had a chance to hunt, and maybe the arrow hit a limb or deer turned as he shot or just a poorly executed shot, we will probably never know... and the deer looks fine, no need to be thinking about kicking some a$$ over it lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Maybe it was an upstanding youth hunter that helps walk old women across the street and volunteers at the homless shelter every week.. maybe he had a chance to hunt, and maybe the arrow hit a limb or deer turned as he shot or just a poorly executed shot, we will probably never know... and the deer looks fine, no need to be thinking about kicking some a$$ over it lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
That’s certainly a possibility and probably all of us have had arrows deflect off of branches that we simply did not see. I can honestly say that has happened to me at least a couple of times over the years. On the other hand, I know people personally that routinely stick arrows in deer, knowingly make poor choices and do not practice enough to be proficient for the shots they do take.

Back in about 1988 or 89 I had a friend who was an apprentice electrician. We were the same age - 19 or 20. He lost most of his fingers after getting caught in some real hot electricity but had a somewhat functioning pinky left. He wanted to bowhunt that year but was still recovering from the accident. We went out one morning in early October and split up. Sometime later 2 small bucks came running under me and one had a crossbow bolt sticking out of its forhead. A while later here came my buddy. He said the deer was looking at him and he intentionally shot it in the head. Well we never recovered that buck obviously and I always worried about someone seeing it with that bolt sticking out of its head. It was an immature thing to do and I knew that even at our age then. We never hunted together again and I never forgot that morning.

Top Bottom