Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Interesting Situation, what do you think.

picture.php

Just saying......

Integrity isn’t doing the right thing, it’s doing the right thing when nobody is watching. I applaud your buddy for doing the right thing. In this instance the outcome wasn’t what he hoped for but it is the way poaching cases are handled. This may be a bit of a stretch, but when has the DA or police ever given back evidence in a murder case?
As far as the doe, idle conjecture will never answer the question so I will keep it to myself

Kyle

A test of a man's charachter is what he does when no one is looking. I surely hope what you are saying here is in jest and your not really serious.

I know this is way out in left field here but one of my buddies hit a deer that was in the 190s with his pickup last year, he is not a hunter and was just on his way to work when he hit it. There was a sheriff in the opposite lane coming towards him, after hitting the deer the sheriff stopped and made sure that my buddy was alright as he was pretty shook up. The deer crawled in the ditch and died. Then a DNR officer pulled up as the sheriff was talking to my buddy. My friend asked if he could have the deer for the meat. The DNR officer proceeded to say that this deer belonged to the sportsmans club which was right across the road from where he hit it. So the DNR confinscated the deer. My boss is the president of the board out at the sportsmans club and so I talked to him about the situation and he immeadiately knew which deer I was talking about. He said that it used to sleep out behind the trap houses. So I figured that the DNR might be telling the truth. I talked to him awhile later to see if they had contacted him about the deer as they said that they were going to give it to them. He had never heard from the DNR. So my question is is why would the DNR officer take the head, lie to my friend, not contact anyone on the sportsmans club board, if he was not going to keep the head for himself? That is the only logical explanation I could come to. Just wondering what your guy's thoughts were on this situation. thanks

I see where he is coming from. I mean does the dnr actually find the person that poached it? Really all your doing while calling the dnr is for them to come out and say, "ya that's poached", and they take the deer.

Look how many cases TIP has resolved, I think a lot more poachers get caught than a person realizes IMO

the only way i could see you keeping the rack , is if the poachers go to jail. then they dont need the rack anymore.

My buddy found a gaint buck that scored 193 on some land he could hunt as he was walking out from hunting one night. He called the DNR and they came and checked it out. The agent took the head for evidence but told my buddy he would get it back to him if he could. I told him there was no way he was ever going to see that rack again but just a couple months later the agent brought the rack to his house and gave it to him. The agent had actually taken the head to the land owner and told him what had happened and the land owner said to give it to my buddy as a kind of reward for doing the right thing. Now he has an awesome mount on his wall!

I think they need to have set rules in place for these kind of situations. Its not fair for one agent to give the rack back and other agents not too.

And im guessing that most people who call the DNR to check out a big bead buck on their property and dont get the head back probably wont call the DNR again. But If they do get that rack back they will call the DNR every time. im not saying i wouldnt call the DNR im just saying most wouldnt. Just my opinion.

It seems to me that they wherent trying to hard to resolve this one. If they wanted to catch the poachers dont you think they would of went to go check out the other deer that where shot? It just seems to me that they where focused on the horns on the buck.

Wait, what? Yeah explain that one when the CO rolls up behind you to check your stuff out and it has a rifle bullet in it "Yeah officer I'm telling you I found it died and I tagged it, somebody must have shot it with a rifle" how much you want to bet they're going to buy that one?

They Say Ryan Braun is getting to play for the Brewer's on opening day too :D

Woops....a unicorn with a leprechaun just ran by my front window :drink2:

Ok, I'm not saying the co's are doing anything illegal. I'm am telling you my friend did not do anything illegal. For anyone to jump to that conclusion is crazy. But just like walking 5 miles shed hunting and finding a dead buck, you want to keep the horns. It is his land and he wanted the rack. He has dealt with poachers for the last 2 years. Rifle them and leave them lay. 27 deer to be exact. About half our more, bucks. I would think the bullet and tissue would be more damming evidence than the horns. Deer is a deer, buck or doe. Should have checked both to compare.
I really didn't want to start any kind of p# ssing match on here just curious how others saw it. I believe in our CO's so I am on the fence how or why this would happen.

Guys, I think kyle is saying all this to get a rise out of all you.

He's probably only 10 years old since you can tell he hasn't been through much school in order to spell correctly.

Also, anyone who owns the ground, if the DNR is investigating it, the deer are actually the property of the state, the landowner does not own them...

Just a thought. I live in Wisconsin and our DNR has what they call a "Wall of Shame". It is a display that they have for Deer Shows. It is of bucks that have been poached or taken illegally. Maybe this head will be mounted and displayed. Just a thought.

Top Bottom