Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Outdoor Guide Busted

On a similar but less successful note, there was an outfitter in SW Iowa that was busted for doing the same thing. The DNR and county attorney went to incredible lengths to gather evidence. Several of the victims traveled from their home states to testify, I believe at their own expense. What appeared to be overwhelming evidence turned out not to be enough. The judge found the accused not guilty. The case started with a call to the TIP line. Even though the information did not result in a conviction the caller was given a reward. This case was from last year.
That's sad.

I have an outfitter next to me. He leases 600 acres. Takes a few hunters. Actually the deer numbers have increased since he moved in. I talk to him each year. Trouble with him he doesn’t live close so I suspect poaching and whatever else still goes on.

That sentence is shocking. People convicted of 2nd degree murder get less. I'm glad they went hard, but I'm guessing an appeal will get it reduced significantly.

This guy had a long history of just being a crook!
My friend said this guy signed papers on a house next to his farm but was busted soon after that.

That sentence is shocking. People convicted of 2nd degree murder get less. I'm glad they went hard, but I'm guessing an appeal will get it reduced significantly.

I thought the same thing, I am glad he got a tough sentence, but as you said...people get fewer years for murder. Huh?

The ongoing criminal conduct is a class B Felony. Each Theft 2nd charge is a Class D Felony. 2nd degree murder is also a Class B with a maximum of 50 years. In the eyes of the law the murder and ongoing criminal conduct are on the same level.

Nevermind 25 years, ill get the rope! Good for Iowa, they make a point with such a punishment. It shows they mean business .

I’m all for proper punishment, but this is severely over the top. 25 years in prison is absolutely absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With appeals and good behavior a 25 year sentence amounts to 7 yrs. Unless a judge puts a minimum years served in the sentencing most actual served time is less than 1/3, and even that can be appealed. They will of course still be on parole for the given time.

I know a guy that plead guilty to a worse offense than this and was sentenced to 30. He was out and in a halfway house after 3 years. Spent a year at the halfway house and now is a free man.

I don’t know that the sentence has much to do with the hunting side of things. He was given the sentence for conning the ppl out of money. Although the crimes committed were centered around hunting I don’t see this as much to do with department of natural resources, poaching, etc...

The ongoing criminal conduct is a class B Felony. Each Theft 2nd charge is a Class D Felony. 2nd degree murder is also a Class B with a maximum of 50 years. In the eyes of the law the murder and ongoing criminal conduct are on the same level.

And that’s why are system is screwed up

Top Bottom