Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa State Wrestling Tourney

[ QUOTE ]
Not to Hijack.....young_12gauge what the deal with the hilary clinton picture??

[/ QUOTE ]

I like my politics and stocks, and well...Hilary Clinton
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Plus, for some laughs too!

-Tyler

I'll be attending for the first time. A kid I have had in class for the past 4 years has a great chance to win it all at 152 in class 1A. Looking forward to seeing it.

NWBuck

My old High School is sending 7 grapplers this year...Keokuk!

I spent some time in Vets on the mat in the early 80's...
grin.gif

Ghost,
How early in the eighties??
I wrestled and played football for West Waterloo in the early part also. I actually wrestled and played football for the Panthers also. What weight??

Won't make it to the tourney but will be behind Waverly/Shell Rock all the way. They have some very good wrestlers, esp. the Ballweg boys at 112 & 130. Thompson at 215 is also good, just so he doesn't get a big head.

Bowhunter,
You are a little bigger than my boys.
Have one in tenth who is 6'1" - 210 and one in ninth who is 6'-2" 220. Oldest plays football for the Tigers. I am only 180 myself but the boys will never beat me.
grin.gif
(I hope I am getting old)

Don't underestimate Ghost though. If he was at Vets three times he knew his stuff.
waytogo.gif

Haha no doubt about that... my moms bf was a wrestler.. and when we just screw around.. he whoops my a$$! your boy plays for the tigers... perhaps the Grinnell tigers?

Ghost,
You were a little guy back then.
grin.gif

I used to love wrestling guys your size.
I wrestled at 145, 155 and 167 through high school and 167 in college.
Any chance you are going down??

Gundog,
Does your dad work in New Hampton??
Just wondering my cousin works there and I sent a few emails to a Hopp that worked with him. He was a turkey hunter also. Just wondering.

[ QUOTE ]
Ghost,
You were a little guy back then.
grin.gif

I used to love wrestling guys your size.
I wrestled at 145, 155 and 167 through high school and 167 in college.
Any chance you are going down??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not going to make it this year. You mentioned Panthers, as in UNI?

I had a bunch of buddies on the wrestling team when Briggs was coaching.

[ QUOTE ]

1981 - 98 pounds

1982 - 112 pounds

1983 - 119 pounds

2007 - 180 pounds
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a buddy I had in high school...3 years at 98lbs...2 years after high school 240lbs! Beer and pizza was very good to him.
grin.gif

Top Bottom