Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa State Wrestling Tourney

Ghost,
I wrestled for UNI and Briggs from 1985 - 1989. Probably drank a few with them or even yourself if you went there or were up here.
It is definitely a small world.

risto2351,
Ill answer for gundog yes our father works here in New Hmapton. Go New Hampton. 3 guys through today on guy on losing side

Thank you for your reply.
Hope New Hampton does well.
waytogo.gif

I actually wrestled a guy from New Hampton my senior year.

Headin up tmrw morning. hopefully indy can do well. Anyone else gonna be there tmrw?

Not gonna be there but I have two of my Solon boys won in the first round- 152 & Hwt. GO SPARTANS!

[ QUOTE ]
They have some very good wrestlers, esp. the Ballweg boys at 112 & 130. Thompson at 215 is also good, just so he doesn't get a big head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of the Ballwegs are ranked # 1 and I wrestled Thompson during a duel. I got pinned in 39 seconds
blush.gif
. But hey, it was a an awesome time. He had got a nice single leg and did a bar-arm move on me, and thats all she wrote. In the first few seconds in the match I had a double underhook on him and I didn't want that, and yeah used it and got out of it by tossing him. He landed on his knees and I couldn't cicle around him to my two. So thats my story with wrestling him. I usally wrestle at 189. Its all muscle!!
grin.gif
Ballwegs--beastly wrestlers. Jake is only a freshman and Mark is a Jr.

-Tyler

Waverly got 10 through this morning. 8 wins and 2 in consolation, 1 wrestler is out. Jake Ballweg just about got stuck but won. Mark Ballweg stuck his guy. Thompson stuck his guy. Young 12, what school to you go to?

Wow Don Bosco is really putting on a show in 1A. They have a chance at 10 place winners if they guys ion the back side win tonight. 2A is starting to get interesting, can't help but to pull for the underdog in Ballard, they are really having a great tournament. 3A I couldn't be happier that Waverly is ahead, put I think that IC West has plenty of power to over take them in the long run, however I will be cheering on the Go-Hawks. Can't wait for Saturday night.

[ QUOTE ]
Bombers have all 8 wrestlers still in it! 2 points out of first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ballard is tied with Creston for 1st!
waytogo.gif

in attending a session last night i couldnt help but notice the outright negativity of one north iowa team towards another, I witnessed a town stand up and booo a kid when he was on the big screen talking about sportsmanship, i am furious this morning, was anyone else at the 2A session yesterday that noticed this?

I noticed that too, I was sittin by come Clarion Goldfield people and they said there was a little controversy between Osage and the Clear Lake coach, said he is quite the A-hole towards ones ma.

Top Bottom