Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa WMA's

meatcleaver

meatcleaver
I have a question about Iowa WMA's. Im a non resident and i want to plan a trip to southern iowa to hunt some of the public land during deer season. Probably during Bow season. Are the wma's open the entire deer season or just on certain dates? How can I find out? Thanks

I live here and I want to hear the answer to this.. I've tried to understand those area's several times and I never have figured it out..

I've never seen signs nor heard of them not being open the entire deer season? But perhaps I'm confusing a WMA with public hunting?

I believe the refuges have dates that you can't be in there that are universal for the entire state. don't write me but I wanna day its something like sept 1-July 15 you can't be in the refuge. but wma's (green signs) you should be fine. call the wildlife office for that district for exact answers though.

wma's

If I bought an Iowa sportsmans atlas would it tell me the dates the public lands are open to hunt? Im from Georgia and we dont have that type of atlas. Our dates are posted in the regulations

If I bought an Iowa sportsmans atlas would it tell me the dates the public lands are open to hunt? Im from Georgia and we dont have that type of atlas. Our dates are posted in the regulations
No. It will however list public recreational areas by county, provide a detailed transportation map for each county, outdoor opportunities and amenities (whether hunting is allowed or not) and the names and contact information for the county conservation board, state DNR officers, wildlife biologist and fisheries biologist for each couty. www.sportsmanatlas.com
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom