Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa's Oldest Restaraunt

Bad deal. Never good to lose something like that.
Lot of history there--if only walls could talk!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Lot of history there--if only walls could talk!!!!! </div></div>
No kidding, very sad story. Everytime we were in the area we ate there it was quite the place. In the early years of my career I spent alot of time in the Dubuque area and it was always a warm welcome place to get a great meal, drink a few, and we always ran into someone interesting to talk to. Talked to a buddy that lives just down the road in Sherrill Monday night and he said the community is pretty sad about it. Though it will be much diffrent I hope they rebuild.

My folks drive to the Mississippi every fall to see the colors. The restaraunt was annual stop for them. They go on and on about the food.

I'll miss it alot, we always ride up that way heading to Wisconsin on the bikes. Always good talking with Mike and he always bought us all pie when we came in. Says he's going to rebuild it to resemble the old place but with one story.

Top Bottom