Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It wasn’t Iowa but…

Tim Bannen

It sure felt like it the morning I shot this guy. I live in Northern Michigan and deer like this are basically non existent so I feel extra blessed to have had a chance to hunt this buck. He is a 9x5 with the biggest mass measurement of 11 2/8”. He grossed 184 6/8”
941AD9A7-1023-4D78-95B5-1B6874CBE3FF.jpeg

It sure felt like it the morning I shot this guy. I live in Northern Michigan and deer like this are basically non existent so I feel extra blessed to have had a chance to hunt this buck. He is a 9x5 with the biggest mass measurement of 11 2/8”. He grossed 184 6/8”
View attachment 123883

That’s N MI?!?!?! Holy cow!!!!!! That’s a giant anywhere in country!!!!!!
I lived in traverse city & hunted all over up there all the way to cedarville in the UP…. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another hunter get a buck that big up there!!! Wow!!!! Congrats on a giant!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s N MI?!?!?! Holy cow!!!!!! That’s a giant anywhere in country!!!!!!
I lived in traverse city & hunted all over up there all the way to cedarville in the UP…. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another hunter get a buck that big up there!!! Wow!!!! Congrats on a giant!!!!!

I live just south of Traverse City about 15 milea. It was a Grand Traverse County buck.
Thank you sir.

Wow! I'm from a couple counties south of you and never thought I'd see a deer like that around there.

Any story behind it? Any history with it or were you blessed to be in the right place at the right time? No matter what...congratulations! You're gonna have bragging rights with your friends for a looooonnnnggg time.

Any story behind it? Any history with it or were you blessed to be in the right place at the right time? No matter what...congratulations! You're gonna have bragging rights with your friends for a looooonnnnggg time.
I have a long story behind this buck. I’ll give the abbreviated version I have been scouting and trying to pattern him for 4 years. I got my first pics of him in 2019. His home range was huge, approx 3 miles radius, and made figuring him out pretty tough. Last year he really got under my skin and I was already tagged out by the time I got him somewhat figured out. Going into this season I spent the entire summer trying to narrow down his early season travel pattern. I had him figured out to a specific bedding area that he frequented every 4th day from July thru September. I had him on camera September 29th so I hit that stand October 2nd early and had him shot at 7:40 that morning.. I’ll post a few trail cam pics from previous years.

E2CA2793-A56F-4F47-AF97-A6857D2EEDD3.jpeg96E103ED-37A9-4248-A2EE-D01828362A72.jpeg8DAF27F9-39FD-43DB-8D63-C5D27417D4B1.jpeg

That thing is awesome! Congrats and way to go putting the pieces together. For me that makes trophies like that extra special.

View attachment 123883
Did you shoot this in The same area that Mitch Rompola shot his? Lol
Totally kidding, I just couldn’t resist. I live in Michigan and can confirm that you shot a unicorn for that area (or for anywhere in Michigan for that matter but especially the northern half of the state).
congrats man, truly a rare trophy!

Top Bottom