Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ita

Did you mount him yourself Tom? That's your buck from 2 years ago correct? I though he was already mounted.

Yeah I mounted him myself, it is my 2011 buck. I just touched him up a little. I was going to take him to be judged last year, but was in SD durning the ITA show. This will be the first time entering any of work to be judged, so we will see how it does!

Good luck.. I haven't tried to enter anything yet. Don't know if I'll ever take the time to compete. Did you hack the end of the muzzle off and carve out the nasal cavity? I believe they stick a wire in there and can tell by feel all of the correct passages.

who's judging the deer this year? Last time I entered Rick Carter was judging. He took it pretty easy on me beings it was my first year and I entered in the proffesional division. I can tell you right now that he will say your ears are to low and you need to work on your eye shape. You will pick up some good advice while you are there. DO NOT be afraid to ask questions especially when you get your critique from the judge. Hope you have a great time and good luck! You did the right thing by joining the ITA

Get some reference pictures for ur eyes, they are way off, ear butts are too low, ears are really rough around the edges, pay attention to your hair patterns, they are off around the mouth. Skull cap looks too tall too, nostrils need more shaping. If this is one of ur first mounts ur off to a good start!

I believe that Bill Yox is doing deerheads this year. Great taxi & great teacher. Catch his seminar & et a personal critique. Best & cheapest way to learn & advance. Good luck & have fun.

Yeah it is just a hobby for me but I have taken money for them so I figured I would have to enter the pro division. Just like to hear what they have to say.

Top Bottom