Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jake decoy

deerhunter93

I'm looking to get a jake decoy and was curious if anyone has used the cheaper 1/2 strut decoys and if so, what do you recommend? I have an Avian X hen decoy but I want to shoot one with a bow this year so I think a 1/2 strut would be beneficial.

I know the best ones are DSD and the Dakota decoys jakes but I really don't want to spend more than $40 on a decoy. I'm looking at the primos gobbstopper, pretty boy junior, or the H.S. woody jake. Or if anyone has a jake decoy they want to get rid of you can PM me.

Thanks!!

Can get an avian X jake from Dicks sporting goods for $80 shipped. Seems like a good deal but not sure I want to pull the trigger on it.

Avain x for me to I just got the jake and hen combo and I love them worth the money if you ask me I was always buying cheap and this year I said hell with it and got a good one and glad I did

Well, I just bought the avian x jake... All of the reviews were excellent and now I don't have to borrow my dad's jake all the time :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input!

Avain x for me to I just got the jake and hen combo and I love them worth the money if you ask me I was always buying cheap and this year I said hell with it and got a good one and glad I did

Yeah i have 2 avian hen's and the jake decoy. I figure hell, if nothing else they are a fine decoy to stare at when nothing is happening.

The Avian looks really good but I found it to be clumsy and out of balance when using the stake provided. DSD all the way for me, no comparison

Top Bottom