Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jan Success

vman

Well my dad finally connected tonight. We had been watching these three bucks the past couple of days. We decided to sit together watching the bean field they were feeding in. Sure enough with the fading daylight, here comes the first deer and two other bucks. We waited until the two largest were both broadside. We decided we would count to three and shoot. One, Two, Three and BANG. When the smoke cleared dads buck was down and the other two went running. I guess I missed, or not. We looked for blood and found nothing. We decided since it was dark we would wait until morning to go looking in the timber where he ran. I guess it would not be the first deer I found that didnt bleed.

I could not have been happier. A hunt like that with your father is priceless.

I will post some pics tommorow. BTW he was an 11 pointer.

vman,

Good to hear that you had a great hunt with your dad. Persistence pays! Was this the one you were looking for?

At Thanksgiving I talked to my dad (he is closing in on 80) about deer hunting and may be able to get him out next year, probably during early muzzleloader season. He got me started many decades ago and payback is long over due. Opportunities don't last forever.

Congratulations on your dad's buck and I hope you find yours for a double!

Old Buck

way to go pops from minnesota,and just think vman if you scored,you both just performed the flying v of muzzleloading.i will try to stop by tomorrow.seeya tim

Vman, pass on my congrats to your dad. This father/kid hunting thing is great. I hope you have many,many more years of memories hunting together. That's what I'm counting on, also. Also, got any new trail cam photos ?

Way to go! It's a good thing you fill the expensive tag. I'll be looking for the pictures. Hopefully your's ran a short distance and expired
burst_em8.gif

Top Bottom