Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jay Gregory property???

Small World...I know where he had one about 6 years ago...I don't know if he still has that one or not. Funny story...I was nearby his place looking to meet up with someone else, Barry Wensel actually, and I knocked on the wrong door and Jay Gregory answered.

Jay politely straightened me out on the directions to where I was meeting Barry and I was on my way. I remember thinking though...that guy looks a little familiar...huh.

When I met up with Barry a few minutes later I told him that I got close and ended up having to ask for final directions to his place and the dude that I randomly selected knew him well and sent me right on over, etc.

Barry - "Do you know who that was?". Me - "No.". Barry - "That was Jay Gregory". Me - "Oh, I thought he looked like someone that I should recognize...".

We laughed and that started Barry telling Jay Gregory stories for the next hour, some of which were quite comical. They were good friends as it turns out.

I’ve known Jay for many years. Super nice guy. He sold his main farm to a friend of mine (Owen Reigler. He films for MW whitetail). He has a smaller one several miles away now.

Side note…. I told this to jay…. I sent him this picture….
Has anyone seen the show on Netflix “Cobra Kai” (new Karate kid) ? Same cast.

Remember “johny”?????!?!!…….
8B509953-15CE-4E31-B924-BBF151A9092E.jpeg

DAD22F64-8A12-42D6-A66D-26E749C36B12.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve known Jay for many years. Super nice guy. He sold his main farm to a friend of mine (Owen Reigler. He films for MW whitetail). He has a smaller one several miles away now.

Side note…. I told this to jay…. I sent him this picture….
Has anyone seen the show on Netflix “Cobra Kai” (new Karate kid) ? Same cast.

Remember “johny”?????!?!!…….
View attachment 123911

View attachment 123912
Why’d he sell? Seemed pretty down to earth back in day when I watched some of his vids.

Why’d he sell? Seemed pretty down to earth back in day when I watched some of his vids.
He was very public about it back in the day so it’s no “big secret”…. Got divorced.
Was a bummer for him. At the time I owned the farm across the road to the north. I wanted to buy jays but my buddy “really wanted it” - it all worked out. Owen has done amazing things with that farm. Jay still has fantastic hunting.

He was very public about it back in the day so it’s no “big secret”…. Got divorced.
Was a bummer for him. At the time I owned the farm across the road to the north. I wanted to buy jays but my buddy “really wanted it” - it all worked out. Owen has done amazing things with that farm. Jay still has fantastic hunting.
Ha. :) So when I have seen Owen shooting targets off his deck on some of his MW videos, I now realize that I once was standing on that deck in person. I never put 2 and 2 together, but yeah, I have been there. :)

I like his show The Wild Outdoors, but it seems like he has turned that over to his son and his buddies now.

I read up on him a little, out of boredom. Saw a short video detailing how a hunter shot him with a high powered rifle when he was a younger man. Sounded pretty bad. Also learned he's a good golfer and I think he qualified for the amateur senior US Open, or nearly did, something along those lines. All I recall about him along the years was the time he and his ex wife shot those 2 monsters from the tent together on the last day of bow season. He also apparently has the longest running show on the Outdoor channel at 29 years.

Top Bottom