Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

John Deere Moving

Blind loyalty is dangerous. JD has declined big time. Two years ago I was in the market for a used 75 hp tractor. Considered the jd e series, Kubota m series and new holland.

I noticed two to three times the number of jd e series for sale with crazy low hours and I asked why. Shitty quality and traded quickly. Period. I ended up buying a Kubota m7060. Maybe other jd models are better but not the case for the model I was looking for.
Incorrect. You see many of them used because the dealership is pushed to trade them up for MS. Used E series sit around often on the lot because they are the less desirable model trim. Since covid we have see the basic consumer wanting high trim packages more than ever.

Incorrect. You see many of them used because the dealership is pushed to trade them up for MS. Used E series sit around often on the lot because they are the less desirable model trim. Since covid we have see the basic consumer wanting high trim packages more than ever.
This- or I know guys who trade up to the next size quite frequently. I’d love to trade up- but practicality of my current tractor and use, I’d be a fool (and dead- my wife would kill me)

Blind loyalty is dangerous. JD has declined big time. Two years ago I was in the market for a used 75 hp tractor. Considered the jd e series, Kubota m series and new holland.

I noticed two to three times the number of jd e series for sale with crazy low hours and I asked why. Shitty quality and traded quickly. Period. I ended up buying a Kubota m7060. Maybe other jd models are better but not the case for the model I was looking for.
Well I can tell you first hand that this simply not the truth. I am sitting at a desk right now over-looking a shop that is full of JD equipment. I do not have one single CUT in here. In fact I have only had one actual CUT that was broke down in the shop this entire spring and that was not due to a machine failure. The fact is that any and every brand can fail, these are components put together by a man. But using a blanket statement that JD has declined BIG TIME is just simply not true.
We work on million dollar combines all the down to $1500 lawn mowers. Anything from 40 years old to one week old and the quality is just as good. Are there one offs? Sure! But the brand is just fine.

And back to Deere moving...remember when all those workers went on strike for more coin? Hmmmm...you reap what you sow there!

I stick with Deere mostly because I can find parts and service wherever I travel. That's a HUGE deal to me.

I had a 4066R last year. Worst machine I've ever had of any kind. It was in the shop 6 weeks out of its first 8 weeks I had it. Eventually Deere bought it back for what I paid.

I upgraded to the 4075R. So far (200 hours) it's been great. Really like it so far.

I have a 4320 that's been a rock star. Also a 24 year old zero turn that I bought new that is still going strong.

I was told to stay away. My research backed it up with the e series. Idk. They all run, they all break. Coin flip. I do have a JD ztrak 997 diesel zero turn 72 in deck that’s an absolute beast. Love that machine.

Last edited:
I stick with Deere mostly because I can find parts and service wherever I travel. That's a HUGE deal to me.

I had a 4066R last year. Worst machine I've ever had of any kind. It was in the shop 6 weeks out of its first 8 weeks I had it. Eventually Deere bought it back for what I paid.

I upgraded to the 4075R. So far (200 hours) it's been great. Really like it so far.

I have a 4320 that's been a rock star. Also a 24 year old zero turn that I bought new that is still going strong.
I had a 4520, great machine but leaked at the timing cover (common problem) I understood it was because they didn't use enough gasket material across the 4x20 series line. They now have a gasket to put in there when you go to fix the issue. I liked the tractor, didn't like the leak.

Last edited:

The 4075R has been a beast for us since it was released. Customer love this machine.

View attachment 127803

JD announced today they are dropping all that DEI nonsense. Amen.
That's not how I read that letter. I read it as they are trying to appease the twitter folks riding them about DEI. They are trying to take the middle road and sound like they are backing off DEI. Read the last bullet - We will continue to track and advance the diversity of our organization...

That's not how I read that letter. I read it as they are trying to appease the twitter folks riding them about DEI. They are trying to take the middle road and sound like they are backing off DEI. Read the last bullet - We will continue to track and advance the diversity of our organization...
Oh puke. I did not see that.

Top Bottom