Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kansas Turks... (FINAL HUNT ADDED!!! "Tommy Tags Out")

Thomas you should stay away from that stuff its just gonna weigh you down tomorrow. You should carb up tonight drink a lot of water so you wake up early;)

Good luck and make sure to take your time, take a breath, and pick a spot. You're in the chips, you just gotta make it count.

I feel sorry for anyone staying with you in such a small confined space regardless of what you eat.

To those who are staying with Thomas......don't let him eat any onions!!!! Trust me on this. :(

Tom nailed this one first thing this morning!! I screwed one up, hoping for redemption this afternoon....
7f5fdfe7.jpg

Nice Bird!!!

Congrats!!!

But seriously......keep Thomas away from onions......if he so much as smells an onion you will be the one that is crying!!! :0

Just heard Thomas smacked a nice gobbler, its laying dead by his new decoy. Well done!

Well, our first day was awesome! We should be tagged out, but I lost a bird this morning... I guess I pushed the shot and hit his lower leg. Hopefully he recovers...

Tom shot his bird just before that, then late morning rolled around. After a big gobbler hung up at about 45 yards for over 2 hours he finally approached my dsd Jake and I let him have it. The shot dropped him dead in his tracks. Unfortunately I shot his beard off :grin: but he's dead and my first archery Turk and my first rio. Very pleased!
2d8a3c65.jpg

39e6f0ce.jpg

With about 20 minutes of legal shooting light remaining, a big longbeards showed up and worked into the dekes like a charm. Tom let him have it and tagged out. The birds were roosting within 150 yards so we had to wait until after dark to retrieve his bird. Formal pix to come tomorrow.

c89ef957.jpg

95ce80a0.jpg

These are Tom's first two archery birds and he has a lot to be proud of!!! So far everything has been captured in film, which only makes all this better!

We'll be back at it tomorrow trying to fill my last tag. Cell coverage is very spotty for us, so I will do my best to keep the updates comin'!

Ps, and I found this little shed today :grin:
60191aa3.jpg

Congrats! Feels good don't it? How far away are your decoys from the blind? They look a mile away in those pictures. Id have my jake at 6 yards :)

Top Bottom