Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Katera

squ1rr31_

Brother in Bone
Anyone take anything with a Katera last season? I'm getting antsy to get mine, this would be my first new bow in like 6 years. I loved the way the bow shot when I checked it out but I'm curious if anyone harvested anything with one yet.

How does the Katera compare to the Vectrix??

I have shot the Vectrix, but still haven't gotten around to trying the Katera..

I own and shoot a Vectrix. I know a couple guys with Kateras and was shooting with them last weekend. Feedback I am hearing is more speed, smoother draw cycle. I know brace height is less (closer to 6") and I did notice that the cam/eccentrics are noticeably larger than those on my Vectrix.

I am very interested to know how big of a difference the feel is on these bows... I thought the Vectrix shot nice, so I am interested if the Katera feels better or worse...

I would not be very comfortable with such a low brace height late in the season with thick coats on though, so I would probably choose the Vectrix over the Katera because of that..

I've shot both and am a bigger fan of the Katera, the Vectrix is still a hell of a bow, wouldn't throw it out of the tree if it looked at me the wrong way. The way the Katera I shot at Scheels stacked the arrows where I was aiming was amazing. Its also very very quiet and the draw cycle is nice, even at 70lbs ( I normally shoot 63-65 fps) its very smooth and nice to pull back.

Top Bottom