Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

KS bird

Kansasdeerslayer

PMA Member
I've had a frustrating season up to this point. I have been trying to get it done with the bow, but have had several toms hang up just outside of bowrange, or strut right outside the back of the blind. I have also missed 2 birds with the bow. I have been covered up with turkeys since opening day but haven't been able to make it happen. So this morning I decided to slip out for an hour before work with the old Mossberg. I haven't hunted with the shotgun for a few years and I needed to pay back a tom for making me look like a fool all season.

I had the birds patterned pretty well so this morning I decided, no calling, no decoys, just sit and let them come to me. And that is exactly what they did. I set up about 80 yards from the roost next to a gate where the turkeys had been entering a pasture the last few mornings. Right at 6am the pitched out and hit the ground. There were only 2 toms and 5 hens, the last few days it was 4 toms and a dozen or so hens. But they did exactly what I hoped they would. It took them about 15 minutes to mosey there way to me, but when they got to 25 yards, I put the hammer down on the strutter of the 2 toms. Just like that my morning was over. He was an average sized KS bird, just under 20 lbs, with 1 inch hooks and a 9.75 beard.

Now that I got the urge to kill out of my system, I can go back to getting made look stupid the rest of the season and try to fill my 2nd tag with the bow! Here's a few pics that I have snapped with my new Canon 60D along with a couple harvest photos.

004.jpg

034.jpg

049.jpg

006.jpg

047.jpg

050.jpg

Top Bottom