Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lab breeders? In the market for a pup this spring

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
I am looking for any names/recommendations for lab breeders. We are in the market for a shed hunting companion. I plan to try to train the pup myself so we are not looking for a $5,000+ finished dog, but we do want a dog with a lot of drive. I searched the forums and there is a lot of threads on the topic, but not finding a lot by the way of breeders. We already have an older non-hunting lab (family rescue pet).

Thanks.

I'd recommend a field lab AKA "American" lab. Longer legs, narrower head, typically higher energy or "drive". As with any dog, he/she will only be as good as the training given.

My son is getting a black lab in march. He's mainly getting it for shed hunting etc. The dogs are in new Hartford and have a great bloodline. Let me know if you want more info.

Check out Cave Inn Labradors near Ionia. They have a website. Good people & really nice dogs.

-Longspurs-

Check out Cave Inn Labradors near Ionia. They have a website. Good people & really nice dogs.

-Longspurs-

I have been talking to these people and they have two litters due January 24. It is looking promising. Thank you for the info on these peeps.

-Longspurs-

I'll second what Ben said. We bought a male from Cave Inn Labradors in October. Couldn't be happier. Joel and Penny Gray are the owners and are great people. Dams and Sires have solid pedigrees and pups come with all the health guarantees. They have an awesome website and facebook page. Check them out and pm me if you have any questions.

We will have a litter later this spring/winter that should have blacks in the litter. We have sold several shed pups, and had great reports on their success. siedelmannlabs.com

I'll second what Ben said. We bought a male from Cave Inn Labradors in October. Couldn't be happier. Joel and Penny Gray are the owners and are great people. Dams and Sires have solid pedigrees and pups come with all the health guarantees. They have an awesome website and facebook page. Check them out and pm me if you have any questions.

I have been corresponding with Penny and sent them a deposit today.... Will pick up pup late March. I am stoked. Thanks.

Check out www.[B]redcedarlabradors[/B].com. I bought my dog from Richard and Darlene and they are great. They have some really great dogs. My dog is a chocolate but he has a CRAZY amount of drive! If you look at the site, my pup is out of Storm and Drifter. But if you are wanting a black lab they have several options. Good luck!

She was born yesterday! A ton of hard work in the months and years ahead, but I am excited for the challenge.

picture.php

My wife and I picked up our pup (Remi) today from Cave Inn. We are very excited for this new adventure. I will be a while before any training starts but I was happy to see immediate interest in a shed. :)

picture.php

My wife and I picked up our pup (Remi) today from Cave Inn. We are very excited for this new adventure. I will be a while before any training starts but I was happy to see immediate interest in a shed. :)

picture.php

That's great! Now if only you could keep the antler/dog proportion the same when she is fully grown! Those would be some monster sheds!

If you want a great dog and blood line you might have to travel a bit and get on a waiting list for a litter.
I'm in Illinois and liberty creeks labs in Indianapolis ,IN or river road labs in libertyville,IL are top notch breeders and dogs are amazing

Been working with this dog (Remi) for a year now. I witnessed her pick up her first "wild" shed this afternoon. I watched her stop on a dime, walk into the wind, pick a shed up out of some tall grass and run and bring it right to me.

It has been fun working with her and I look forward to many years of her by my side. It has been very rewarding just to watch her grow, both in size and in her training.

Carry on.

IMG_20160220_151705976_zpsqcnjj6a6.jpg

Top Bottom