Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lack of Bone

shellie

Is this a strange year, or has the snowfall played a major part of my lack of shed finds? I figured with it being a harsher winter, stress may make them drop earlier, but yesterday, i seen two nice 130s- 140s with a group of does still holding theres, i have found a few but not like past yrs. Being colder , ive concentrated more on feeding areas, & bedding areas but to no avail, any insight on where you other Bone Brother Hunters have been finding them may help. thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------
happiness is alarge rack

I dont think the cold has anything to do with shedding.I do how ever think that the cold keeps em more bunched up.During warmer weather they wander more making it harder to find the sheds.Just a thought. Keep trying. If you see em holding a good sign to back out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matchedset</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think the cold has anything to do with shedding.I do how ever think that the cold keeps em more bunched up.During warmer weather they wander more making it harder to find the sheds.Just a thought. Keep trying. If you see em holding a good sign to back out. </div></div>

I agree to a certain extent, I don't think its the cold weather that makes them drop, its the stress from snow, ice, and no food. I think that plays a role in it along with 25 other things that will make them drop early.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i concur wih nanny </div></div>

me too

thanks for all your insight bone hunting brothers, ill keep looking, any more insight where you are finding them , fence crossings, bedding areas , keep me posted. it just may be my eyes, you try to grid search an area, and after a while , your fried if it a large peice. its funny how i will look today and find nothing, go back 2 days later and find one next to where i walked. must be going to fast, or they dropped after my first look.happy hunting all.
happiness is a large rack

thanks for all your insight bone hunting brothers, ill keep looking, any more insight where you are finding them , fence crossings, bedding areas , keep me posted. it just may be my eyes, you try to grid search an area, and after a while , your fried if it a large peice. its funny how i will look today and find nothing, go back 2 days later and find one next to where i walked. must be going to fast, or they dropped after my first look.happy hunting all.
happiness is a large rack

Top Bottom