Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lake of the Ozarks

sofakingfast_1

The old lady and I fish a lot of local catfish tournaments. This year we decided to travel a little and see if we could fish with the best.

Friday afternoon we headed down to Warsaw Missouri to fish at a KC Catfish Club tournament on Sunday.

We fished all day Saturday. The shad were pretty easy to find.d Just had to find the birds.The fishing-miserable. We managed 5 fish all day. All little dinks. The lake was 5-6 ft. low. Lots of exposed mud flats and coves that were nothing but mud.

I was contemplating on spending the 120 dollars to enter the tournament since the fishing was so bad. But after we talked to other people they said the fishing was poor also. Some of them were locals and never caught a fish. So we went ahead and figured if we could pull out one nice one Sunday we would have a chance.

Got there Sunday morning and heard the siren blow from the dam just a mile from the launch. They opened up the gates and the water started running. YES! The fishing would be a lot better.

We went 32 miles down river to a spot where the channel narrows and we could set up in 10 ft. of water. Cast shallow and cast deep. By 8 a.m. we had our 5 fish limit. They all came from 15-18 ft. of water. We didn't find out until too late but, all the fish we caught were on shad heads. They didn't want chunks or sides. We had plenty of shad but most of them were baby shad. Well they only wanted the big shad heads. So that did us in.With a 60+ mile round trip to get shad we decided to just tough it out and try to catch a few more with what we had. We didn't catch many after 11 oclock. Lost a 40-45 pounder right at the boat at 1 oclock that would of put us in the money but that's how things go. If we wouldn't of lost that big one, or if I would of caught more big shad before take off, things would have been different. But, that's fishin.

There was 27 boats. We finished 10th. We were hoping for better but for our first time on the lake we were satisfied. Our big fish was 19.6 pounds. It was only our 3rd time fishing for blues. But wont be our last!

Lake of the Ozarks is a beautiful lake. I love living here on the Mississippi but I think I would move down there in a minute. If any of you get the chance, go fish it! We are heading back down in a few weeks to try to catch some more.

$$$

Team

Total Lbs.

# of Fish

Big Fish

1st
$1165
Roger Gerloff Jr.
Justin Cook
2nd
$699
Jon Young
Wayne Loftin
3rd
$466
Rich Witt
David Studebaker
4th
$100
Chris Kindslater
Morris Wilson
5th
Wayne Graddy
Jeff Graddy
6th
Kevin Parks
Virgil Brown
7th
Andrew Carnes
Randy Morgan
8th
Earl Torreyson
Scott Sanders
9th
Jeremy Munger
Matt Merten
10th
Calvin Myer
AnnieBaxter
11th
CJ Blankenship
Caleb Burgett
12th
Danny Kremer
Terry Kremer
13th
Cliff Rorrer
Ted Branson
14th
Steve Snyder
Josh Dixon
15th
Casey Creason
Jeremy Johnson
16th
John Trager
Paul Marshall
17th
Marty Darrah
Larry Hughes
18th
Wayne Archambault
Chris Newton
19th
David Sandifer
P. Stricklin
20th
Rennee Shumway
Jordan Shumway
21st
John West
Dennis Talbot
22nd
Craig Collings
Brad Kilpatrick
23rd
Matt Kindslater
Billy Moss
24th
Todd Strong
Michael Gray
25th
Wayne Stevens
Russell Michaels
26th
Tony Hunt
Ryan Casey
27th
Ryan Gnagy
Chris Falk
Big Fish
$270
Andrew Carnes
Randy Morgan

Last edited:
Well the results didnt show up how I copied and pasted them but oh well.
Our big fish was 19.6. Here's a few pictures from the day.

DSCN1137.jpg
lakeoftheozarksbluecat.jpg
DSCN1131.jpg

Top Bottom