Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lake okoboji fishing ideas???

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
At okoboji for week. Can handle only so much driving around lake in boat with tube ;). Little man really likes to fish.
Any suggestions- baits, when, how- im game. Mainly from docks. Just wanna catch “fish”. Not opposed to live bate like worms, minnows, etc. Also- not opposed to random stuff like throwing stuff out for catfish. Nighttime bobbers off dock - whatever.
Any ideas appreciated!
5062DD4D-89E9-41C0-80E2-28C9B32E3525.jpeg

Lighted bobber with a leech is always good at night. Usually better beginning of June but always fun. You on east or west? Can usually always catch perch n gills off of docks on west

I have only fished those big lakes once...about 25 years ago, so I don't have any personal advice to share. :) But as I remember, there was a bait shop, Kabele's I think, and there they would give you good advice. I would check in with the locals. :)

Lighted bobber with a leech is always good at night. Usually better beginning of June but always fun. You on east or west? Can usually always catch perch n gills off of docks on west
East. Game for anything!!! Any fish. I don’t care if we catch sheepshead!

Buddy that lives up there said bass and bluegills were biting good. Went up last year about this time and did real well.

I follow a guy on Facebook that does charter fishing there if you are willing to pay. It seems like they have a lot of success. ‍”Lake Okoboji Fishing” is the page.

Locals and bait shop people are tight lipped, they will have a few dots on the map in the bait shops, showing you where you might catch fish, but so many guides up there and then the guides buy the bait from the bait shop, so the bait shop people don’t really wanna tell people where to fish. Emerson Bay has always been good though. When I have been ice fishing up there.

Top Bottom