Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Land Lock

Blaster

PMA Member
IF there is public land, but it is surrounded by privet how do you get access to the public land?

I would think that one of the land owners has an easement to allow access the public land?I would call the local DNR officer and see if he knows.

There may be an easement but your best bet is to ask if you can access it through the private. If not, call and find out where the easement is.
waytogo.gif

the DNR officer in that county will know for sure....call him and he'll hook you up!!!

The dnr has purchased many land locked areas because they are cheap.No easement if trully land locked,so I recommend asking landowner for permission.Or buy a hellicopter.

Chopper or hang-glider only! Bonks can set you up I'm sure.
grin.gif
I would call the DNR boys for the best route to take.

Have the same issue by me, you can pay the landowner to trespass. A few pounds of venison here or there goes a long way at times
grin.gif

Or hopefully you can find some small waterway

[ QUOTE ]
still haven`t figured out how you would get back though
shrug[1].gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Prior to being man cannoned into the land locked parcel pack an 18.4X38 tractor tire inner tube in your Badlands 2200 along with 4 screw in tree steps. Split the tube around the circumference, both inner and outer so you have two halves that are still round or donut shaped. Cut each round once, 90 degrees to the circumference, so that you have two long pieces of innertube.

Now its time to leave the land locked parcel. Find two trees that are as far part as the two long pieces of inner tube. Reach as high as you can in the trees and afix the long pieces of innertube to the trees, one piece of innertube to each tree, with the screw in tree steps. Now find a stout piece of limb about as wide as your butt. Afix the loose ends of the inner tube to the stout piece of limb with the other two tree steps. Place the stout piece of limb across your butt, grasp the tree steps and use them as hand grips. Start walking backwards until you have the long pieces of rubber stretched as far as they will go. Now jump up into the air and as you are being slingshoted to your truck, close your eyes because you don't wanna see the big tree you are about to hit. Once you have finished falling out of the tree, dig your cell phone outa your Badlands 2200, dial 911 and wait to be rescued.

The 'Bonker

I read the first two sentences of fishbonkers post without realizeing it was him posting. I knew it was his reply without looking.
No wonder I check this site 10 times a day.
grin.gif
Bonk you kill me.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if I am thinking of the same piece you are thinking Blaster if so, I already hunt it
blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought i would keep all of your old stomping grounds warm for you while you are up north!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dial 911 and wait to be rescued.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the 'Bonker in his helichopter!

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I gotta say, that is some funny stuff, 'Bonks! Sounds like you are once again speaking from experience!
evil.gif

In minnesota, some land in my area is now truely land locked. A big paper company (Potlatch) owned 50000 plus acres and they sold the mills and have now started to sell the land. Thier land was open to public recreation. Now they have either leased or sold some of that land locking people out out of the land locked state ground. Some chunks in this area do infact have deeded easements aswell.

If where your going is like my area there is a reason somebody doesnt have a road for everyone to go back there. It almost as if it becomes private land and they neighboring land owners treat it that way.

Best of luck to you.

Dean

There's generally going to be some type of easement but if there isn't it's not trespassing to travel across private land on the most direct route so long as you don't take, move or damage anything and of course don't "hunt" in any way (the law reads take, attempt to take, lie in wait for ect. ).

This is asking for trouble from upset land owners who don't know that this is how Iowa's trespass law has always been, but it is the law.

Kind of like the fact that the surface of any water is controled by the state so if you could be helocoptered in and out of a private lake with a boat and never touch bottom or shore you're perfectly legal.
grin.gif

Top Bottom