Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Landowner Tags

Man that just bites. I just had a conversation with client who unbeknownst to me has two farms in Iowa. We were talking about a deer I took last Friday here in Nebraska and he says hey I can buy landowner tags and you and your son can just have them. I mention that I don't think it works that way based on watching this forum pretty closely for the last year. I told him I'd check into it and if they were I would be happy to reimburse his cost otherwise I might be in for a couple of year wait. Any ideas here that could get me on his land this season???

If he has pheasants on it, you could bird hunt it. As far as Whitetails, I think you missed the boat for this fall, stand a slim to reasonable chance for next fall, and a much better chance for the 2007 season.

I suppose you could buy a holiday tag if you wish to hunt there during the late season, but it entitles you to an antlerless deer only. Good luck in the draw

Is your late season archery? Is it available to non-residents and youth (age 14)? Lastly, how long can one expect to wait in the draw to get a tag?

i think you are too late for any tag this season (i think the holiday tag was only for last year)

hit the DNR website to be sure, there may be an antlerless tag for you, but i doubt it

It is from Dec15-Jan2, 2006 and tags may be purchased until the non-resident antlerless quota is filled. I believe zones do apply for these special hunts......methods include all legal methods...shotgun, bow and Muzzleloader....I think

Nope- not in Iowa. I think some people forget that but they will get caught!

Top Bottom