Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last 3 days of October Theory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10-31-08
0937 hours
</div></div>

Impossible. If they don't come sooner we are having a planned cesarian on the 30th. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">October 25th and on.....in my experience.</div></div>

No one on here goes with the Full moon theory then. Which some,"Experts", say,,and I use that term lightly, means this yr the best time will be more twards the MId November time frame.Guess it's about the same every year. Last week of Oct.,first two wks of Nov. Of coarse the weather plays in a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loneranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one on here goes with the Full moon theory then. Which some,"Experts", say,,and I use that term lightly, means this yr the best time will be more twards the MId November time frame.Guess it's about the same every year. Last week of Oct.,first two wks of Nov. Of coarse the weather plays in a little. </div></div>

I'm going with the new moon (dark phase), I have had good luck then and it's the last week of Oct. another time I have good luck with so it's a double plus this year! I switched my vacation from the first week of Nov, to the last week of Oct, this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Last week of october and first week of november have always been very good to me.I have my vacation scheduled for that time again.And you can bet I will be sitting in a tree all day long on halloween when the monsters are out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Meat Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you can bet I will be sitting in a tree all day long on halloween when the monsters are out. </div></div>

Just be sure to get out of the tree by dark before the ghosts come out too. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timekiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Meat Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you can bet I will be sitting in a tree all day long on halloween when the monsters are out. </div></div>

Just be sure to get out of the tree by dark before the ghosts come out too. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div> Damn I totally missed that for some reason thinking monster bucks instead. Robin is some bad ass if he will sit out there with monsters running around the timber. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10-31-08
0937 hours
</div></div>

Impossible. If they don't come sooner we are having a planned cesarian on the 30th. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

did I say 10-31.......oh yeah, Im meant 10-21....yeah thats right 10-21. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Good luck Muddy and Mrs. Thoughts are with ya!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Robin is some bad ass if he will sit out there with monsters running around the timber. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I'm sure he has balls of steel. You need em to be in the bottoms at night with Wapsie Willie roaming around!

Today is day one of the last three days....

its about to bubble over!!!!

i might be wrong, but ill bet the Harvest Forums start to get pretty busy!!!!!

im missing school to head south to hunt tommo! cuz there aint much up around fort dodge for me!lol

gotta hunt halloween!

There is plenty in Fort Dodge to hunt. I went out this morning and found lots of new scrapes and one big rub. I saw more activity this a.m than I have seen all season. Hoping in the next few days it will give me an opportunity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stalkem5</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> there aint much up around fort dodge
</div></div>

I dont hunt around Dirty Dodge either.....

come on fellas. Brushy Creek, Deception Hollow are just some of the public places to go here in good ole' Dodge. Heck, I just enjoy getting outdoors, so I will find anywhere I can go.

Good Luck to ya!

i dont like sharing
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

im not saying there isnt anywhere to hunt up here. i havent seen much timber round here really. I jus go to school here so im not to familiar with the surroundings. So im heading out of here to hunt south

me too bro, i might get out on Friday night, but anything before that is out of the question....

hopefully one of these days ill be able to say i killed a buck on the last three days of October....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I haven't seen much for nice bucks this year during daylight until 28 Oct. Seen two nice bucks right before dark. One w/3 does and one by himself. I can't get out till Sat/Sun and it looks pretty warm then, but will still be after them.

Hmm lets see, wife works and I'm taking my daughter trick or treating. Saturday morn I have to give a class and the wife works in the evening. Chicago plays Detroit and I have dvr anyhow, so looks like the 2nd for me. Course I'm taking Thurs and Fri off and will have 4 days next weekend. If it weren't for the late harvest I could have had the hole dang week. Time is approaching fast boys, go get. Good luck to all.

Top Bottom