Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last Day---Last Hour--Success

nosna

I first saw this buck on my trail camera on my home farm early in the summer/fall. He was not consistent by any means, but I did have a good sense that he was in the area.

Fast forward to archery season and the neighbor sent me a picture of the buck with an arrow sticking out of him. Neither him nor I knew who shot him but we were both hopeful he would make it through his injury. We both talked and decided we may want to wait on this deer until next year as he had good potential to grow up....

This year I have struggled to get on shooter bucks late season. Most seemed to have turned nocturnal and or were no longer on their summer/fall feeding patterns. I got permission to hunt a different farm a few miles away. I had really good luck seeing does..but the bucks were just not coming out until after dark. I was really hopeful that the cold snap the last weekend would really get them on their feet. Saturday came and went without a shooter in sight. I went out Sunday and was not very optimistic I would see a shooter. A little after 5 does started pouring out and soon there after this buck came over the hill at 60 yards. As he looked at me he looked narrow, but he turned exposing his left side, I put my scope on him, pulled the trigger, and he dropped. I walked right up to him and was very surprised to see the buck that I had shot. He may have blown up next year...and I may not have seen him either.. Either way he is my largest muzzy buck to date. He is a 6x7 with another point off the back to make him a 14 pt. I gross scored him at 160 2/8

Awesome buck! I'm going to guess, based on body size that he's mature and may not have gotten much bigger...but who knows. Regardless, he's a good one! Congrats.

That deer looks similiar to the one I shot with a bow. Arrow was stuck in him. Never recovered the deer.

Where are u located???

That deer looks similiar to the one I shot with a bow. Arrow was stuck in him. Never recovered the deer.

Where are u located???

Well I saw in your previous post that you thought you shot a 10 pt low in the shoulder with a thunderhead. I question whether it is the same deer as this one was a 6x7 and the remnant scar looked to be from a rage style broadhead as it was long and narrow. Where are you located?

By Fredericka Iowa. I thought it was a ten point. But I could have been wrong. It was getting to be low light. So I couldn't exactly tell.

Agree with Lyon. He look's mature & I don't see him changing dramatically (on the plus side) in the future. Anyway, great buck! Congrats!

He was shot in central Iowa, So I doubt it was your deer trapshooter. As for the arrow, it was in him in November, so it was actually very well healed up. You could old see the scar in the meat and not really in the hide.

Top Bottom