Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

last nights kill nice buck (pic added)

iowamonsterbuck

Well guys its been a long season end up killing this guy last night with just 5 mins left. Not what i was wanting by any means but not a bad buck for this late in the season. He is a main frame 12 point with a split brow and a clover kicker off the base that I dont know if it would count or not. Its 1 6/8 inch long but its really weird. With out that point he scores 164 gross. I cant figure out how to get the pics to post so if someone would like to email me that knows how to post them i will be more then happy to send them. My email address is iowamonsterbucks@yahoo.com

2008_buck_1.JPG

Re: last nights kill nice buck

Once again awesome buck Andy, I sent you an email and if you want to forward the pics to me I will get them posted for you.

Kratz

NOT what you wanted...WOW, it sounds like an outstanding buck to me. Hope to see it soon.

Congrats on sticking with it.

I get so tired of people saying "not the buck I wanted or he isn't a monster" when they show their harvest. If it's not the one you wanted, then don't shoot him. If you would have let him walk, he might have been up to your standards next year. Even the best hunters in the best spots can't kill a booner every year. When I start thinking that 164 is just not a bad buck, I'm hanging it up. Anyway, congrats on an awesome buck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: breiner11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get so tired of people saying "not the buck I wanted or he isn't a monster" when they show their harvest. If it's not the one you wanted, then don't shoot him. If you would have let him walk, he might have been up to your standards next year. Even the best hunters in the best spots can't kill a booner every year. When I start thinking that 164 is just not a bad buck, I'm hanging it up. Anyway, congrats on an awesome buck. </div></div>

Very well said breiner! Sheesh! I was thrilled with my 135" on Thanksgiving! Great buck dude. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Great whitetail! Wouldn't have hesitated on that one... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: breiner11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get so tired of people saying "not the buck I wanted or he isn't a monster" when they show their harvest. If it's not the one you wanted, then don't shoot him. If you would have let him walk, he might have been up to your standards next year. Even the best hunters in the best spots can't kill a booner every year. When I start thinking that 164 is just not a bad buck, I'm hanging it up. Anyway, congrats on an awesome buck. </div></div>

Just want to respond to your post. I have let more bucks walk this year that where this size and bigger then i can count on my hands so they could get bigger. I hunted 33 days straight this year. Seen 6 to 8 bucks that where over 180 to way over 200 inches. Which was what I was going after. The area where this guy was shot at is going to get hunted very hard the next few week by shotgun. With a very min. amount of cover there was a very good chance he wasnt going to make it threw it. Its not one of those properties that normally there isnt to many large bucks. I just happen to find one that would have been well into 180's that was traveling threw there. My goal every year is to go after my target bucks till the last few days then after that I normally will take the first 160 buck I see if he is old enough. Every deer I shot gets mounted and this one will be mounted. I agree with you that if its not the one you want let it go and to be honest with you I thought this guy was bigger then what I thought he was when I shot. Like I said before it was the last 5 mins of hunting hrs. I actually look at my watch to make sure it wasnt pass the time yet before I even pick up my bow. He was in a thick draw right behind me so I really couldnt make him out to well with out bio and you know how they look bigger threw them. I actually had him at 20 yards for a couple min trying to decide if he was big enough and old enough to shoot. I was a little disappoint at first but I am happy with him. At least I got some meat in the freezer now and hopefully will get some more in late muzzleloader season.

Great buck Andy!!! There are some monsters down there on your farms, but I don't think I would let that one pass!

Heck of a buck no matter. Have any estimates on the age of that dude? Great buck!!!!

Wouldnt bat an eye on shooting that. It'd be dead before I could blink.

congrats on the fine buck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sligh1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heck of a buck no matter. Have any estimates on the age of that dude? Great buck!!!! </div></div>

I would say he is 4 1/2 years old maybe 3 1/2 but I would say 4 1/2 should have gave him one more year.

Top Bottom