Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Antlerless Season

blake

Life Member
Iowa deer hunters and the IDNR are under pressure to lower deer numbers in many counties through out the state. Most of these counties are in the lower two tier counties of Iowa. There are still a number of counties that have late season antlerless tags left.

I for one am not in favor of this late antlerless season. There are simply too many shed bucks and button bucks being harvested.

But, if you decide to hunt the late antlerless season please take the time to look those antlerless deer over good before shooting.

iowaPete said:
So far, half the respondents are in favor of eliminating the season. Interesting....iowaPete

Actually it doesn’t surprise me at all!

A lot of shed bucks get killed during this season.

What are the stats showiing from the past seasons? I have harvested a huge # of deer during that season and only a scant few were male. Is it a fact or just a fear that we are killing too many bucks?

I try hard to not take a shed buck, glass them ect. But if I do take one, oh well. It's going in the freezer just the same. I hunt for meat not a rack, if more of you rack hunters would take does during bow season we wouldn't have an issue would we?

Top Bottom