Late season bowhunting

Rack101

Does anyone use any calling during late season? If the temps rise up to around 40, do you think the bucks will still hit cornfields in daylight? Thanks for any info.

Iv'e been watching a decent buck by my house all week, he has been bumping the does around and doing a little grunting. It was around 30 for highs here all week and the deer were out feeding well before sundown. Are you hunting in Iowa over the holidays?

ugh had a 200" 12 with some junk at 245 yards with my muzzy by the time he made it to 200 and gave me a shot it was too dark, won't be able to get back after him until wed or thur but with the warmer temps coming I'm not expecting much. we need some cold.

I cant say I have really ever had any luck calling in a deer late season. One year I had a buck skirting me so I hit him with a soft grunt man he did not like that just took off. It seemed the more mature bucks were kinda sniffing around and what not but were coming out last half hour.

I find that bean fields are hit more early season and then again late season. Corn is just in between.

Back