Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lease prices

Fulldrw

I was just curious as to how much it would cost to lease small acreage (20-30 acres) in an area that produces pretty consistant 140 inch deer with the occasional booner?

I've heard of price per acre ranging from $10-80. I bet for a smaller parcel, you'd be looking at the upper end to make it worth the owners time, but that is just a guess.

In southwest IA, you would be looking to pay around 15-18 dollars an acre for ground. But I've heard of ground going for 30 bucks an acre, and I know the ground, hardly seems worth it.

I don't lease land, but as it encroches I may have to. I know that $500 would cover the taxes on 30 acres b/c that's what my dad pays for his farm...I'd say that's fair and in the landowners best interst. That figure equates to around $16.50 an acre.

Hope that helps...but I really wish "leased" would go away, but at the same time I'd be ignorant and could find myself behind the 8-ball if I didn't keep up to speed and stay consistent with what's going on in the neighborhood.

"I wish lease would go away"

No doubt... leasing sucks, I wish there was some way to make it illegal. Some day there won't be any taking the kids hunting just out of town, that is unless you've got $$$$$.
Because now days it's 5-50 an acre, but 20 years from now it will be in the thousands you can bet, big deer are costing more and more $$$. sad deal

If anyone is interested, I know where some property that is available for about $3.00 per acre...

It is in zone 5 and is 800 acres...

Just pm me and we can talk...

Top Bottom