Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lease Pricing

D

daweyers

thinking about leasing a farm off a guy i am really good friends with the only problem is i dont know where to start...it would be for deer hunting whether or not that has anything to do with it...wondering what some prices some people pay.....by the acre or how that goes??? give me the downlow

People were paying $20-40 an acre over my way but now there are "bidding wars" going on with some paying over $80 an acre
bigshock.gif

It's like renting farmland though...you should only have to pay what the competition will offer.

I would also warn you that unless you have a signed lease with some set time period...you may very well find yourself on the outside...looking in a year later
smirk.gif

I thought the going rate was $2-$10/acre. A person I know was leasing his farm for $9/acre but is now trying to get $45/acre.

I asked the question a while back and it really depended on who you asked. Have heard of $20 on a fairly reliable source for a prime area. Other figures thrown around were all over the ballpark.

In south central Iowa from places I have asked most people ask for around $20/acre.

Im like I thought I was doing you a favor by taking deer off your property because you were complaining they were coming in your yard and destroying your garden. Just doesnt make sense to me.

its gonna be bad we are gonna have to get 2-3 jobs to pay for deer hunting. Outfitters are startin to come in around us and offered the farmer money so we could be losin 1500 acres of some very good huntin. looks like in the next 5 years if you want to hunt you are eitehr gonna have to join them or find a new hobby...kinda sucks.

Top Bottom