Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Legal Question

TheMadCatter

My friends Dad owns a farm with 10 acres of wild orchard, about 30 of timber and 40 crop. He was wondering if he could set up a tree stand on an apple tree? (With apples on it) I said I didn't think it was legal. But I was wondering if I was right to say that? I didn't even know there was a stright enough apple tree to even do that.

The only problem with that is often apple trees are not a good strong wood, take care in placing the stand in a way that is sturdy and safe and shoot to kill!

Its legal as long as he doesn't physically move the apples (like picking them up and making a pile in front of his stand).

Otherwise, yeah he can hang a stand and hunt it no problem :way:

Its legal as long as he doesn't physically move the apples

It could get a bit sticky if you start thinking about it being baiting if any apples were to fall off the tree caused by shaking the tree as you climb to the stand.

Technically, at least in my opinion, you would have "Placed" that fruit under the tree.

hard to prove either way, and probably would never be an issue but it's something to think about.

Personally, If there was another tree nearby I'd choose it instead. I'd rather not be in the exact tree the deer are comming to feed under, that's really stretching your luck hoping not to get seen.

Last edited:
LoessHillsArcher said:
Did you brush it in with corn stalks and leave the cobs on too... :D

If not you might want to. It draws the mice to your blind.

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

Top Bottom