Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lets See Some Deer Mounts

lefler168

Ok...I know im kinda stealing from ILLbuck...but i thought his post was a good idea so i decided to extend it...i know that a lot of us have taken some big deer and deer that we are proud of...so lets see the end result...we are all use to seeing the field photos...lets see what hangs on the wall and who did the taxidermy work...if you choose to share..I'll start!

1421Picture_045_2_-med.jpg

This mount was done by Marlin Hoch with Hoch's Taxidermy.

Here is one of mine. Dan Adamson (High Plains Taxidermy) in Creston did this for me. He does a really nice job.
5386deermount2.jpg

Here is my buck from last year. Just got him back last week. I had him done by jason carter in mt. pleasant. [image]
finishedmount141.jpg
[/image] [image]
finishedmount098.jpg
[/image]

This image was two photos scanned and merged, so the scaling between the two is slightly off. The one on the left was mounted about 10 years after the hunt and a doe cape was used. Neither are currently mounted.
Mountedracks.jpg

One of my best mounts on the left. Completed by Randy Doyle(Eyota,MN). One of my worst mounts on the right. (Not by Randy)
308Pic201-med.JPG

Detail didnt show up to well.
smirk.gif
But trust me Then nose is terrible the ears are pink and the white patch is of center. I wont even start on the eyes.

Anyway, it was my first Ia Whitetail taken back in 01. Shot it at 18 yards with my Black Widow, so I will be getting it redone at some point. Ahhh...what a memory and that time is upon us again!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

My vacation starts tonight. Won't see work till Nov 16th. Best of luck guys!!

Here is mine. Taxidermy work was done by Mike Meyer of Goose Lake Iowa. He does GREAT WORK.
9BA4CFD4E02F46B39D36A5F574619B2F.jpg

One more picture from a different angle. This deer scored 158" Gross and 152" Net
B5CCE5CA83A54400ADE5B6F42877952B.jpg

Here is the first buck that I ever harvested. I was 15...back in 1991, taken the second day of the first shotgun season at 2:30. He was with 2 does and a small forkhorn..(these were the first deer I ever saw deer hunting), so basically he was the first buck I ever saw in the woods deer hunting. Needless to say, I was ruined after that forever.
grin.gif

4505Trophy_Room0004-med.jpg

Another view..
4505Trophy_Room0003-med.jpg

I know these aren't deer photos, but since we've moved back from AK, this is the first time I've had my "trophy room" all together. I can't wait to buy a house this spring and expand my wall space a little! 8 feet nose to tail...he barely fit on the wall!!

4505Trophy_Room0007-med.jpg

On the next wall...

4505Trophy_Room0008-med.jpg

On the third wall...my first bow kill. He is just a little guy, but with the sneak pose, he looks pretty cool.

4505Trophy_Room0009-med.jpg

Downstairs..this was a gift from the taxidermist I worked for in Alaska. A 7 foot wolf rug...even though I didn't harvest it, I did all the taxidermy work on it from start to finish. I think it's the coolest part of my collection.

4505Trophy_Room0005-med.jpg

I haven't been able to show any of my collection to anyone except Bushman, hope you all don't mind.

They all look awsome. The rugs are amazing in person, i'm so jealous. He has a very understanding wife. It seems like everywhere you look in his house there is another piece of bone.

Shoot2kill,
That's a awesome collection of trophys. I particularly like your wolf rug & the 2 bears on the wall. How much did that 8 footer weigh? Grizzly/Brown Bear? Thanks for sharing the pics.

TwoBeards..it was a Coastal Brown Bear, weighed approximately 600 pounds. It was all my partner and I could do to roll him over to skin him out. When I shipped just the hide and skull back from the hunt the rubbermaid container weighed 90 pounds.

A couple of my Iowa late-season trophies...

January 2000 Muzzleloader Buck (I rattled in this Ol' Fighter)
IowaJan.jpg

New Year's Day 2004
IowaNewYearsDay2005.jpg

Both bucks mounted by Curt Cabrera....Friend, Hunting buddy and World Champion Taxidermist from Marlboro, NY

Top Bottom