Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lets see your guys "Fan on a stick"

with this being the new way to hunt turkeys it seems like i'm looking into making one but would like to see all the other members "fan on a stick" to get some good ideas.... my montana strutter looks like it would work just fine, but people say thats not good enuf?? It looks like a rush and I gotta see if I can pull it off!!:way:

I think a couple of guys that have tried using the Montana decoy said that it is a little shiny when the sun hits it. That and the wind plays hell with it.

This is mine, it's 1 for 1 this spring.

picture.php

This maybe a stupid question, but where are you getting the head? I have a jake fan from this year I think would work.

The head on mine is a head from a Peepin Tom set up. I believe moose cut a Pretty Boy full strutter into pieces and made that. Blasters may be a Peepin Tom as well.

This maybe a stupid question, but where are you getting the head? I have a jake fan from this year I think would work.

We had bought a full body decoy a few years ago, Carrylite I think, and it came with two heads. Although I have not yet done it, I was going to use one of those heads for the "fan decoy". It will look most like the one that Muddy displayed when finished.

muddy is correct. I can't remember the last time i carried Pretty Boy out to the filed with me, so i decided to cut him in half and put him to good use!

We had bought a full body decoy a few years ago, Carrylite I think, and it came with two heads. Although I have not yet done it, I was going to use one of those heads for the "fan decoy". It will look most like the one that Muddy displayed when finished.

That's my plan for next year. Never thought I'd have a use for that extra head.:way:

Mine is actually a Flambeau fan mount. It is made to mount a fan on the back. I just made a few modifications.:way:

Top Bottom