Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Licklighter is gone

I heard a couple names being mentioned are Steve Lavin and Bruce Pearl.I think Pearl make a LOT of money at Tennessee.Not sure if any big names would want that job anymore with the shape that program is in.

Anyone remember how they about had Ferentz run out of town after a couple of seasons? Patience was a great decision back then.

Not saying Licklighter is the right guy...I just haven't really followed the team enough to know for sure, but I do know if they keep the revolving door going and giving a guy only 2 or 3 seasons to get it done, they'll likely never restore a great Iowa basketball program.

NWBuck

I agree NWBUCK, look how well Alford is doing with his team in the big dance this year. Oh well, Iowa is a football/wrestling school anyway!

It was time for him to go. His style of basketball was boring and painful to watch. Pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, shot clock at 3 seconds throw up a brick. Scoring 50 pts. a game may have worked at Butler, but will not win to many games in the Big Ten. It would be great to see Pearl on the sideline again, but I don't know if we can get him. Keno Davis is another name, but does he want to follow in his dad's footsteps? Lon Kruger from UNLV is another name who we will see how he does thursday against UNI. One thing Lick did was bring in a top 30 recruting class in the country this year, now we just need a coach that will keep the players here and the recruits to stay. We need excitement back at Carver Hawkeye Arena!

Last edited:
Lickliter who? Who watches Iowa Hawkeye basketball these days? I couldn't even tell you the names of the starters for the Hawkeyes. But i've been watching the Panthers an awful lot. I think Hawkeye basketball needs a complete rebuild.

It's been a painful three years to watch! The three worst losing seasons in Iowa Basketball history. He has to go....

Bruce Pearl is a long-shot!
Keno Davis just had a horrible year at Providence.
Does Steve Lavin even coach anymore? He gets mentioned for jobs all the time but last time I new he was working for ESPN wasn't he?

Bring on the National Wrestling Tourny and Iowa Football! Geesh....

Let's face it, no matter who they pick, it can't be any worse than it is right now, can it? :rolleyes:

iowaPete

Here's how I look at it. There are only 2 possibilities here. First, Lickliter just wasn't the right guy in the first place. If that's the case, Barta is to blame. Second, Lickliter IS the right guy was let go too soon. If that's the case, Barta is to blame. Either way, Barta had better be doing a little resume' work. There was a great article in the Register yesterday about how the last 4 Iowa basketball coaches have all left Iowa City under less than ideal conditions, only to go on and be very successful somewhere else. Again, not saying Lickliter was the right guy, but I think the problem with Hawkeye basketball goes way beyond who the head coach is....

NWBuck

agree.gif

Here's how I look at it. There are only 2 possibilities here. First, Lickliter just wasn't the right guy in the first place. If that's the case, Barta is to blame. Second, Lickliter IS the right guy was let go too soon. If that's the case, Barta is to blame. Either way, Barta had better be doing a little resume' work. There was a great article in the Register yesterday about how the last 4 Iowa basketball coaches have all left Iowa City under less than ideal conditions, only to go on and be very successful somewhere else. Again, not saying Lickliter was the right guy, but I think the problem with Hawkeye basketball goes way beyond who the head coach is....

NWBuck

I concur 100%.

Top Bottom