Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Light Colored Wing Feathers

Cool looking bird! I have not personally seen one, but those things happen all the time with wildlife. Its mostly a matter of a genetic deficiency (recessive gene gets passed on from both parents and, therefoer, expressed) that causes the pigmentation to be lacking.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Neat looking bird. Would look great in a a winged cape and tail mount! :way:

What are you using for a decoy?

A buddy of mine shot this turkey a couple years ago. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me putting up a pic but to be safe, I blacked out the top half. I'm not a huge turkey hunter but this is one of the coolest birds I have seen.

Brianturkey.jpg

I killed a bird that looked exactly like urs last year. It is a red phase. Are the quills of the wing feathers a very light, almost cream color with an orange tint to them?

The decoy is called the Little Runt. Picked it up at the Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Expo in Madison this year. I'm always a sucker for something new and different. Here is the link to website. Was told if you use this promo code WILR2012 you get $10.00 off the price on the website. https://decoyplanet.com/

He would look good mounted strutting and maybe standing under a reeeeaaaaally big whitetail mount. Now if you only new somebody that had one.......:grin:.

Loren

I shot a turkey quite a few years ago that looked just like yours. When it was at the taxidermist a dnr guy stopped and said it is pretty common to see the varaition, because people were trying to introduce turkeys to there own area and a lot of the turkeys they were releasing had a little tame strain in them. I don't seem to see nearly as many color variations on our local turkeys as I used to 10 years or so ago. Nice bird congrats.

Top Bottom