Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Little surprising

I saw a nice buck still packing both sides this past Sunday and a buddy still has a couple still holding on his place. Des Moines area.

Seems like we have a thread like this every year with people amazed deer are still carrying horns into March. Pretty common - I know i have it every single year - trail cameras running 24/7/365 gives us a lot better picture of what is really going on out there.

Seems like we have a thread like this every year with people amazed deer are still carrying horns into March. Pretty common - I know i have it every single year - trail cameras running 24/7/365 gives us a lot better picture of what is really going on out there.
Im not amazed with bucks carrying into March, thats normal. I see bucks with both sides in midmarch and late march every year. I was saying that a little bit of a bigger buck having shed one side and still holding the other for alteast 8 days was suprising to me. Usually I think bigger ones drop really close to the same time, not carry around one side for a week +

Have had pics of at least 7-10 different bucks on my place with both sides yet. Not uncommon but I hear ya, to lose one side 8 days ago and still hold the other might be.

I’ll go through cams RIGHT NOW…. I’ll edit this post with bucks holding both sides. Quite a few!!!! …..

Alright- not a lot of pics. 2 I just found. In last few days it has to be 20+ bucks across different farms & areas with both sides. Mild winter & optimal health kept a good bit hanging on.

It’s 830 on Thursday. I’ll add a few more to below as they come. Bet it’s quite a few yet.

9E04C793-8E91-444F-9119-EAED403E67AB.jpeg36602482-8A3A-408E-8BB9-E0407D2E3AE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe that explains why I can't find any. Worst year I've ever had by a long shot. Wasn't for lack of trying.

Aint seen a racked buck for 2 months.
Winter here is kicking there ass! And has been since mid Dec.
Took this pic an hour ago. Winter just won't let go.

Attachments

• 20230323_182909.jpg
    20230323_182909.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom