Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Little to No Activity.

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

I live in woodbury county and we have seen little to no activity. I have only seen 2 does in the last month and first couple days of November. We have a line of scrapes following the whole outer length of the fence line bordering where the corn meets the land we hunt.

We decided to go do further investigation on the other end of the spot we hunt and found the same doe we have seen bedded down. I am wondering why we haven't seen a incline in movement.

I have hunted every morning and a few evenings and have yet to see any buck movement. The signs are there that there is a dominant buck in the area, tracks,scrapes,rubs but no sign of him.

Could this all be related to the corn being taken out and now he may have shifted to the other side of the land we hunt? Lost for thought's.

Tough to say for sure, but a trailcam in the area could help solve the mystery. I know I've had spots in the past that were loaded with sign, and I eventually came to the conclusion that most of it was happening after dark. For whatever reason, it seems that in some areas deer are rarely there during daylight hours. Just my thoughts...it could all change for you tomorrow as well. Good luck :way:

NWBuck

We are seeing the same activity in Clay county. I have seen the same deer everytime I am out, I am blaming it on the standing corn that surrounds the timber.

The last six sits I totaled 0 deer. 3 different location in two counties, Clinton and Jackson. Today I sat 8.5 hours and saw 1 doe about 4:45. I am smart about wind, clothes, etc. But I talked to someone who saw 30 deer over the weekend. Frustrating!

The last six sits I totaled 0 deer. 3 different location in two counties, Clinton and Jackson. Today I sat 8.5 hours and saw 1 doe about 4:45. I am smart about wind, clothes, etc. But I talked to someone who saw 30 deer over the weekend. Frustrating!

Walked into our private land today and another hunter with permission got there before us. As we were walking to our spot he must have spooked up 3 does and they ran into the neighboring land.

With the snow we got last night we seen a lot of tracks today. Again no movement. Tried everything. I hit the rattles and no response from 2 different locations. I did happen to see a nice 10 point walking down our street this morning about 5:15 AM.....

For several weeks we only seen doe in the city on our street now the does are gone and now we see a buck. I think something has got the movement and activity of these deer all messed up.

I shot my deer last year on November 16th at 7:15AM.... Hoping next week will bring more activity. Putting out 2 more cameras in the morning.

I think more guys will find out that Charles Alshiemer was correct that the 3rd week would be best......let the naysayers start!!

Top Bottom