Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LIV4RUT 2003 shotgun buck

muddy

i was fortunate enough to lend some luck from my yellow embroidered iowawhitetail hat to LIV4RUT this morning. i'll let him tell the story but couldn't wait to show this picture. it turned out wonderful. congrats again mike, that is a helluva 8 point!!!

411liv4_03shotgun-med.jpg

hopefully there's lots of luck left in it!!! i got 2 deer, a turkey, and then added 4 "assists" today!!
waytogo.gif

Very nice buck!! Love those tall tines. Congrats
beerchug.gif

Muddy, check your PM.

Thanks guys, the story goes, i hunted all morning from a stand and seen one little buck and numerous does at noon i got down and checked in on my hunting bud, because i knew he had shot earlier in the morning. he gave me the bad news that he missed a great 8, (which turns out to be mine) and he saw a nice nontypical. at 1230 i left him and sat on the ground on this bottom below a huge ridge that is connected to a huge bedding area. i knew the deer on our farm werent gonna be pressured and i might get some natural movement. at 335 i seen a button buck grazing through the timber, then i saw a really nice buck with more sticker points than ive ever seen, i counted 17 on him, split brows split g2s points at his bases just everywhere, problem was it was a 120 class 10s frame with all those stickers, then a little 8 came out then my bigger 8 came out, i couldnt decide which one i wanted to shoot, the smaller one or the bigger one. im a sucker for split tines and lots of character. after telling myself dont be stupid i took aim at the bigger one and shot and he ran off. i walked over there and there was blood everywhere i was pumped, i started tracking slowly and my heart sank as i knew after a 150 yards i didnt hit him where i wanted to. at 200 yards i decided thats enough im backing off and letting him sit, well as i turned around to leave he got up 40 yards away. i couldnt get a shot so i just backed off. after talking to muddy that night he offered to come down and help me look for him, because I knew it would be a tough task by myself. we waited until we had enough light and slowly followed him, we found his bed then not much sign after that, we would find a drop every 10 or so yards. I was down in the dumps big time, because i knew it wasnt looking good. well we tracked him to the neighbors which awaited to guys in orange hunting. after talking to the hunter he offered to give us a hand and let us go onto his property. to make a long story short, we found that the buck went back on to our farm and we knew what trail he was on, a 100 yards later we found him!! i was so pumped, and happy that persistence at tracking payed off again!!! Thanks MUDDY for the help!!! i dont know if i would have found him with out yah!!! the buck grossed 142 7/8 goodluck to the rest of you, and cant wait to hear the stories from the others!!!
smile.gif

Top Bottom