Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Locked Bucks

droptine37

Life Member
Dont know the story behind this but I thought you fellas might enjoy these.....
2129ATT000585-med.jpg

2129ATT000492-med.jpg

2129ATT000523-med.jpg

I sure enjoyed those photos!! A guy hates to see a buck end that slow death but nature is awesome. I remember reading in a NAW a few yrs ago about a buck from Saskatchewan that had obviously been locked with another. A farmer watched the tough old bugger each night drag the head of his foe into his bale stacks to feed. Finally that winter the buck perished, turned out the buck that the yotes had eaten completely off to the head had driven it's main beam into survivors eye and it got wedged in their somewhere. Anyways, that tough old warrior survived the injury, the coyotes eating his foe and 2 months of dragging the head around. INCREDIBLE!! Did anyone else ever read that?
confused.gif

Those are some awesome bucks! It's to bad that they had to die the way they did, but that's mother nature for you. Cool pics though anyways.

I also read that story in NA Whitetail. It was a special magazine all about big buck fights. It was a pretty cool issue.

Funny how the internet works!! LOL Those two bucks were found by a buddy of a guy I work with. He found them on the property he hunts in MN. Great pair of bucks though.

Xtec

Sure would like to find something like that but hate to see it happen to a couple hogs like those. Hey Sask I read that story about that buck also, unreal how the survival instinct will kick in when it's needed.

Tracker,

You must live in the "deep" southern part of Iowa and have never left your state to think that MN is all pine needles and swamp bogs. LOL!!

Top Bottom