Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Locker recommendations

muddy

The locker that I usually go to has sold out all of their equipment from what I have heard (Giles in Cascade) and I am looking for recommendations on other lockers.

I usually got spicy garlic deer sticks, sausage, and brats.

Thats bad news Muddy.....
i was planning on bringing a feww deer over to have them process....
those brats were to die for!!!!

dang....

Limb - are those lockers in order of where you would go for the stuff i'm looking for?

Edgewood - sticks

Tipton- sausage

Newhall - brats

THA4 - tell me about it, the last package of brats are worth their weight in gold. the hot rods as well.

Muddy,
Tipton locker has VERY GOOD sticks and sausage, jalepeno with cheese. A lot better than where I took my buck this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

They also always seem to have someone there to take your deer.

Tipton does a great job. If you go there you have to get some of there Maple Cheese Sticks.... out of this world. They added Mushroom and Swiss Brats this year. Mine are coming, so i am not sure how good they are but they sound awesome.

I can see why Giles is getting out. Last year we had Hot Rods made there and the sticks turned out great but they cost almost a dollar a piece. Wrote a $600 check for deer sticks!

Brat patties/sticks at Edgewood (although all their stuff is great)

Newhall makes some mean pepper bacon and sticks

Tipton - ring bologna (jalapeno and cheese), they also have some maple sticks that are different but good. I think I spend more on gas money taking meat different places than I do on the meat.

I've had the maple sticks from Tipton, I don't much care for the flavor, like dipping a stick of meat into syrup.

I like spicy, hot, and cheese added. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anything to compare with Giles Hot Rods anywhere you've been Limb? There's a reason they're a buck a piece, they're friggin GOOD. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I wish the lockers would have "come try our stuff for a small fee day" because I hate making blind decisions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had the maple sticks from Tipton, I don't much care for the flavor, like dipping a stick of meat into syrup.

I like spicy, hot, and cheese added. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anything to compare with Giles Hot Rods anywhere you've been Limb? There's a reason they're a buck a piece, they're friggin GOOD. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I wish the lockers would have "come try our stuff for a small fee day" because I hate making blind decisions. </div></div>

Edgewood locker does have an open house every year in early November... they have all their venison products to taste test free of charge....

I have been extremely happy with Edgewood Locker.... but I have always used them since they are in the region that I hunt.

i am guessing you are from north iowa but zebs smokehouse in bedford does everything and they have some of the best tasting sausage i have ever had

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I like spicy, hot, and cheese added. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I wish the lockers would have "come try our stuff for a small fee day" because I hate making blind decisions. </div></div>

Hey Muddy, Oran locker has great hot sticks as well as a TON of other stuff thats great. They will let you try anything, just ask. They have always let me sample there stuff first. I know Critter has brought stuff up here before, so you could talk to him about them.

I had some stuff from zebs the other day and I ahve to agree with ya it is pretty damn tasty, Milo locker doesn't do too bad either but it is goin to be one heck of a drive for ya, I would have some stuff from the milo locker to try. The group I go with now we do it all ourselves and get the seasoning from Todds in dsm.

I always take mine to the Tipton locker.. like FullQuiver said, it seems like they always have someone there to receive your animal, and they do a great job and have a fast turn-around. I didn't realize that many ppl on this site were from around the Tipton area. Either that or ya'll just travel far to go to a good locker. Their phone # is 563-886-2106.

is there any good lockers in southeast iowa or western illinois? one of my does is at a locker in blandinsville illinois hes only charging me 68 dollars to process my deer. all i had to do was field dress her. hes making it into tenderloins, butterflys, roast, and hamburger. i thought that was pretty dang reasonable. my other deer i want to get sausage, brats, and jerky but i dont know where to go.

Polashek's Locker in Protivin; can't beat it. For you Twin's fans, Jack Morris and Kent Hrbek bring there elk down from a farm in Minnesota to have it processed there.

SOLON!!! is great if you like paying $300 for someone else's deer. While you're there you might want to swing into Joensey's for a Rat Burger and Cockroach Dippers!!

I've heard nothing but good things about Edgewood- where they guarantee you are getting your deer and your deer only- as well as Tipton too.

I may have to try edgewood for my next deer. I took my first down to Polena's and I was so dissapointed. Got it all turned into burger and it is now so greasy I can only use it for stuff like taco's. I drained half a cup of grease out of 1 pound of the meat I got back.

Sofakingfast, not sure how far you are from Geneseo? But, you might want to try Webers. I've always had good luck with them and like just about everything they make. Their located in western illinois, not far from Quad Cities. I used to work in Illinois and their pretty popular over in that area.

Top Bottom