Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf Hits the $500 mark for a stand!!

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
They took a LW hand climber, put a dollar camo paint job on it, and mark it up $130 over the price of their non painted one. And they still give a crappy set of unpadded straps to carry the stand. Where do I sign up for one of these??

You know there is a heck of a lot of markup on these, as many of us this winter bought brand new Lone Wolf Hand climbers from Reeds Sporting Goods, shipped to our door, for $230!!! Now, they spray paint some camo on the same exact stand, call it the pro series, and are wanting $500!!!??
Here they are:

Lone Wolf® ProSeries™ Hand Climber

NEW for 2009, we're introducing the ProSeries™ Hand Climber. The same lightweight, mobile stand features you'd expect from a Lone Wolf, now camoed-up in Realtree AP® and ready for anything you can dish out.
ProSeries™ Hand Climber

* Huge 30″ x 19.5″ one-piece cast aluminum platform (US Patent #5060756)
* Brush Pockets molded directly in the platform.
* Distinctive 3-D camo platform design (US Patent #D4452015)
* Backpack straps and one bungee cord included (padded straps available)
* 350-pound weight rating.
* Fits trees 6″ - 19″ in diameter (longer traction belts available).
* Contoured foam seat pad.
* Includes NEW Sit-Climb strap for additional climbing option and a certified FAS.
* Just 17.5-pounds!

Your Price $499.00

lwpro.jpg

PRO SERIES

handclimbermed-1.png

HAND CLIMBER

Product ID: HCCSH

Lone Wolf® Alpha™ Hand Climber

When packing in after the big one, the last thing you need is a stand holding you back. The Alpha™ Hand Climber Combo is a full featured climbing stand that's got everything you need except the weight and the bulk. Its slim 2.5″ packed profile and "barely-there" 15-pound weight might make you think you forgot it back at the truck. But step onto the 585 square inch cast aluminum platform and you'll be solidly reminded it's ALL there.

* Just 17.5 pounds!
* Huge 30″ x 19.5″ one-piece cast aluminum platform (US Patent #5060756)
* Distinctive 3-D camo platform design (US Patent #D445201)
* Brush pockets molded directly into the platform.
* One-size-fits-most bow holder molded directly into platform.(optional grommet available)
* Back-pack straps and one bungee cord included (padded straps available)
* Contoured padded seat with fasteners included
* Seat Size: 9″ x 16″
* Fits trees 6″ – 19″ in diameter (longer traction belts available)
* 350-pound weight rating
* Includes NEW Sit/Climb strap for additional climbing option
* Includes certified FAS

Your Price $369.00
This is the stand I bought brand new at Reeds for $230 4 months ago

Matthew 6:25-26

hoofline.gif

ELITE ARCHERY: GTO, GT500, E-FORCE

01_ELITE_ARCHERY_6.gif
398ibalogo_1_-1.gif
lonewolf.jpg
predator_hat_mesh_fg_big.jpg
asat.jpg

Last edited:
Out of control

I won't own another LW unless the price comes back down. Guess I can only pack one at a time anyway so I should never need another.

I think it is ridiculous as well...I won't be buying anymore :) When looking at the Muddy's the only benefit I see from them and lets say a gorilla is the leveling system / seat. I am not a fan of hanging 25ft up in the air fumbling around with ratchet straps :)

Last edited:
I had no idea how expensive this sport is till I got into it recently. I am glad Don has stands to use. He is going to try a tree saddle this season, and let me use his Lone Wolf Alpha hang on and Lone Wolf Climber. I saw those muddys at the deer classic and they look pretty cool.

Last edited:
I've heard muddy has a nice treestand. I personally own the LW alpha and don't feel that I'll need another one for a very long time...I'm not trying to go against the grain - I just know I love my alpha and feel I've received every penny out of it. Very nice and I love it...

As far as the price on this stand, yes, a tad bit high...

Treestand prices are the main reason I employ the ground attack way more often than I find myself hanging from a spruce or pine.

Care to elaborate? Tell me you were buying from Reeds Sporting Goods in Walker MN? Just out of curiosity?

I cant believe thats what they are getting for a climber. I hope muddy comes out with something to run some competion.

Dean,
Yes it was Reed's in Walker. They ran a closeout and were selling lone wolf stands at close to cost with free shipping no limit online, heck of a deal. I picked up 4 alpha hang ons. It was posted on Archery talk, dealers found out and started to complain and the deal was done within a couple days. But those that got to take advantage of it got a great deal.

Top Bottom